cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games Testers

N/A

Games Testers

Hi all

We have been doing alot of work recently with the gaming problems and we are aware that this still seems to be an issue. So I would like to ask for 5 users who have seen issues recently and are avid games players to work with our networks team directly and see if we can get this solved once and for all.

If we get more then 5 we will select the list and pass details on with the test plan to those selected.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Games Testers

Would that be for a range of games or specifically for ones that you are seeing problems with.

There is for example a whole 40 odd pages for Battlefield 2 problems, but not many vocal complaints about halo or half-life etc..?
N/A

Games Testers

If you are seeing a gaming issue we would like you to let us know what it is, the details around it and if you are happy to work with us then we will work with you.
N/A

Games Testers

pm'd stew... happy to help

mainly play bf2, bf2:sf and hl2...

only been issues for me with bf2 tho!
N/A

Games Testers

I would like to be selected for thiis please, I play Battlefield 2 and BF2 Special forces.
I look forward to helping you.
N/A

Games Testers

Hi, Maybe I am late to post on this, but I finally got Never Winter Nights to install on my Linux system using Bioware official Linux Binaries, not yet had much time to play so not much issues just yet, just got it working but if you would be interested in adding a linux gamer to your list get in touch, I will be playing this alot now it works I used to have nwn account when I used windows and was a level 86 before I sold my account after 6 months of play so you can guess how much I play will be playing NWN now lol.

I hope you might consider me to do some tests around this especially as it would be considering the non windows platform which most ISP's ignore/pretend does not exist, I hope though that plus.net and ISP which gives IP blocks to those justifying their use etc has more understanding and appreciation of users with *nix based boxes, especially as most with multiple servers would probably have the sense to have some *nix based.

Anyway dunno if you have any interest, Should I be contacting you via PM or something to be considered? I will get time to really test tomorrow, will report any issues seen which seams to relate to networking layer specifically the PPP over ADSL part as I can tell.
N/A

Games Testers

so no news on this then? ask us to test games then leave us in the lurch?

again, I am having connection issues in bf2, either high pings or constant "error with your connection" messages...

this is even after i have migrated my adsl to a new line, and a new exchange.. still getting problems...

whats going on plus.netHuh stew anyone thereHuh
N/A

Games Testers

I can help, I play WoW and HL + Mods
N/A

Games Testers

i have had problems with halo/cod/cod2 in Jan and Feb [calls logged].

main problem is pings increasing from c. 30-45 to 150-200 and beyond.

d/load speeds also seem to be affected - down from 2Mb to 0.5Mb.

sometimes problem seems to be down to a particular gateway.

am willing to help if this means it'll get sorted quicker...

Smiley
N/A

Games Testers

I'd be up for this ..still getting some odd pings in CoH/CoV