cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game pings

N/A

Game pings

For the last 3 or 4 weeks my in game pings have been getting very bad, from outside of the game pinging the server returns a 20 - 30 average ping, but in game it is anything upto 600 ms lag which is making me extremly annoyed since gaming is my main recreational hobby at the moment and i cannot play online with friends with any enjoyment with this amount of latency. spped test returns my usual 2 Mb spped and as i said pinging through cmd returns normal ping, what could be the problem?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Game pings

I'm having exactly the same problem as you. In cmd my pings and tracerts look fine but in voip comms and stuff my ping is anywhere between 500 and 1000 (normally 600). I'm sick of this. Do something plusnet!!
N/A

Game pings

What games are you playing? The games may need to have there ports registered on PN's Ellacoya's, so they are managed correctly.

Also what VoIP & Ports are you using? If your VoIP server uses anything but the officially registered ports you may have a problem.
Community Veteran

Game pings

even general pings have been high lately not just game pings.

A
Liam
Grafter

Game pings

If you are experiencing high pings in certain games, then give us the details here : http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48623

... and we'll make sure they get looked at for you.
N/A

Game pings

The voip software I use is Ventrilo, on port 4263.

But as amcclean says - its a generalised problem. I play Americas Army, Company of Heroes, Counterstrike, Flatout2, and about a dozen other games and I'm getting the same problem across the board.

You had a fault raised a week or so ago saying there was a pipe load imbalance on your platform, which resulted in high pings...but I'm still getting the same thing. Whether this is related or not I don't know, but I know this is becoming a major headache.

I have a screenshot of the problem and have submitted it as an issue just a few moments ago (Ref: 20418363).

Please help, I'm sick of being stuck with a connection I can't use.
Community Veteran

Game pings

HI Lmartin,

General non game ping problems can be found in this thread.

A