Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future revamp of referral programme?

snozboz
Grafter

The following line from the email from Mark Kelly worries me:
"Over the coming weeks you will hear more from me about a revamp of our referral programme with enhanced benefits and offers."

I like the referral programme because it is simple, clear, unobtrusive, with one obvious and immediate benefit to both existing and new customers, on a flat-rate basis (dependent on the Broadband package and nothing else).

I hope PlusNet are not going to go down the line of "limited special offers" and "prize draws" and "reward points" and "special membership".

If the referral programme has money to spend, I suggest you use it to give referrers more money off, and use it to get more people on to the scheme. And nothing else.

Don't fix what aint broke.

Thanks,
Martin
6 REPLIES
N/A

It appears that the referral program will be reducing the award for a referral.
Option 1 and Option 2 have gone from 50p to 25p !

Link

I have 10 referrals on option 1 - so thats a loss of £2.50 per month
I have 4 on Option 2 which will also lose me £1 per month

i expect that those on other monthly options will change to the new ones and i will lose more in due course.

in total i was getting about £28 from my referrals - many of whom have meant a great deal of effort to set up. I wish i hadnt bothered now and unless this changes i wont be bothering anymore.

I have been with PN for 4 years and i am seriously thinking about binning it myself as the latest round of regrading and price changes havent helped me at all. I have always been suspicious of BT and i am even more now. Evil
chrisc
Grafter

There are going to be some great new benefits for our referrers -all of which will be announced in the near future.

We really do appreciate the work that our referrers do and realise that referrals have a major impact on our signups. This is entirely the reason that a new role has been created within the business for Mark and he will spend the majority of his time working with our referrers to ensure we are doing all we can to assist them.
JakTheBiscuit
Grafter

It appears that the referral program will be reducing the award for a referral.
Option 1 and Option 2 have gone from 50p to 25p !

link

I have 10 referrals on option 1 - so thats a loss of £2.50 per month
I have 4 on Option 2 which will also lose me £1 per month

I'm not sure of the legality of such a move. Since one can only make a referral once (for a given person) then the T&Cs in place at the time must surely stand as a lifetime agreement, and the prices would have to stand too, unless a change was mutually agreeable.
chrisc
Grafter

THe full T's & C's for the referrals scheme can be found here.

The referral values will change depending on the package that your referral is on. If they upgrade there package to one with higher referral credits then you will see the increased values every month.
Community Veteran

As far as I am aware the referral values for BBYW option 1 & 2 have not changed, they were 25p when the product was released so no 'reduction' has occurred. Given the reduced cost of option 1, 25p is no surprise. However I'm not sure why option 2 is 25p when the equivalent previous products that cost the same (£14.99) were 50p.

As for the legal side, no 'change' of referral fee has occurred on existing products. The new products just have a different payment scheme and when you switch products you then get the referral fee available for that product. It has always been that way.
Aterlatus
Grafter

It's alright - because my referrals are too lazy to keep on top of the latest packages the value of mine has dropped from £4 to nothing Sad