cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of PlusNet

N/A

Future of PlusNet

Given the number of upgrades etc being offered by other providers, can you let us know what PlusNet has planned? PlusNet has always seemed to be in front of the competition, however this seems to be slipping now.

For example, UKonline's offering of 8Mb lines, AOLs doubling speeds for no extra costs, the Flex service offered by Eclipse. I have been really happy with PlusNet and don't want to have to look elsewhere but things don't seem to be moving. I know there have been other discussions about providing 8Mb lines but I'm not asking specifically about that service, I just want to know if there are things coming our way and, if so, when?
37 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Future of PlusNet

Perhaps Pn should organise a survey to find out what people want.
:roll:
Community Veteran

Future of PlusNet

All I can say is 'watch this space'. PlusNet have said news about the premier products will be released in the next week or so and they are unliklely to say anothing more than this at this time.
N/A

Future of PlusNet

I look forward to hearing the announcements soon. I hope they will keep PlusNet competitive.
N/A

Future of PlusNet

i agree again having been with plusnet for a long time they seem to be slipping behind the competition an urgent update would be appreciated coz i dont want to particularly change isp but also want to get the best for my money.!
lenseman
Grafter

Future of PlusNet

All I can say is 'watch this space'. PlusNet have said news about the premier products will be released in the next week or so and they are unliklely to say anothing more than this at this time.

I believe that this information was first promised nearly a week ago when the new lite packages were announced. So, will it be this week, next week or when? Other ISP's seem too have sorted their sums out and are offering some excellent packages that get more tempting as the days go by and unless Plusnet show some concrete evidence on what they propose to do I, like many others may well vote with my feet.

John B. Sad
N/A

Future of PlusNet

My colleague came in this morning to tell me that BT have doubled his broadband speed to 2Mb and reduced his monthly fee by three pounds to 26.99. I just moved from BT to Plus.net 1Mb because I was getting a better deal. I hope your upcoming announcements are going to be enticing enough for me to stay!
N/A

Future of PlusNet

I have no doubt that once the dust settles on the current round of price cuts / announcments from other isp' that Plus Net will jump in with somthing to wipe the smile from the competitions faces.

I havent seen them fail in their pricing strategy yet.

Bring it on is all I can say.

Regards

mark
N/A

Future of PlusNet

We moved from AOL due to slow internet connections with the 512k service (in games at least) but they have now doubled their speed to 1mb for no extra cost. I can't help wondering whether that would have sorted the problem out.
But in any case I do like PlusNet, and like other people here, I do hope PlusNet comes up with a pricing strategy to match or beat before those offers become too tempting to resist.
Treborvfr
Grafter

Future of PlusNet

I too wait with baited breath to see what Plusnet pull out of the bag.

By the way, what is it with the 'posted' dates on the messages, according to what I can see I am 4 days in to the future. If this is the case can someone please tell me what the lottery numbers were for Saturday 12 Feb! Wink

Bob
N/A

Future of PlusNet

Peter,

If I get any closer to the edge of my chair I am gonna fall off!
the_norris
Grafter

Future of PlusNet

Same here robynfali - but I've tied a bit of string around my waist and the back of the chair so I dont fall off Smiley

Phil
N/A

Future of PlusNet

ok its a week later and no announcement, 2 late for me though, i've already fallen of my chair , they really need to hurry up
N/A

Future of PlusNet

Hi there,

Ian Wild has indicated that the announcement (s) will be made somtime between Tuesday and Friday of nest week.

Looks like you'll have to pick yourself back up and wait some more :lol:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Future of PlusNet

I too wait with baited breath to see what Plusnet pull out of the bag.

By the way, what is it with the 'posted' dates on the messages, according to what I can see I am 4 days in to the future. If this is the case can someone please tell me what the lottery numbers were for Saturday 12 Feb! Wink

Bob

Sure Bob, 11, 18, 20, 23. 32. 48 and bonus 25 Smiley.

Actually if you click Profile at the top of the page you'll probably see that the time zone isn't set to GMT.