Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future HighSpeed Internet Services and Plusnet

Firejack
Grafter

Hello,
I've happily been using my 512/256Kbit Plusnet ADSL connection for the past few years. Just recently though I've started to find it a bit limiting. Particularly the relatively small amount of upstream bandwidth.

My question is;
What technologies are Plusnet looking at now for rolling out faster internet connections to their customers with the intention of releasing them in the next 12 months or so :?:

Cheers,

Andrew.
6 REPLIES
N/A

I beleive the nutshell answer to that is ANything IPSream once BT roll it out.

PlusNet are relient on the BT network to sell there services. If BT don't up the stakes, PlusNet can't do so either.
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

Philip is exactly right. We are dependant on BT's services. For an increased upstream you are looking at sDSL., which is not available on the BT network yet.

regards

Luke
Firejack
Grafter

Do Plusnet then have any plans for developing their own network......hmmmm ok, that sounds really expensive :lol: .

Perhaps a better question is do BT have any plans to upgrade their network in the not to distant future :?:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Our future plans do include looking at SDSL services. At the moment availability is very limited and the pricing is aimed purely at high-end business users, but things are moving on.
N/A

What about LLU? Would Plus Net ever considering installing their own DSLAMs in BT exchanges?
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

At the current time, no - due mainly to the very high backend setup costs. If the DSL market in the UK appears to be heading in that direction then of course we would consider it but at the present time it would not be worth it for us as a company.

Regards,