Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny? You couldnt make these CS responses up

N/A

Talk about avoid the question.

Get this.... lol.....

ME,

My web browsing is so slow its not usable.

Can you please confirm if this is because I have downloaded too much?

CS
It would appear that you slow speeds are due to the ammount of data you have downloaded. I would suggest upgrading to the premier package should you wish to use your account in this way.

ME,

As you are managing my downloads and I don't have to worry about how much I download, can you let me know why you have let me get into this position?

CS
You should allways keep an eye on your downloading , as the more you download the more the management applies, this monitoring is not performed manually, we will however in the near future be mailing users who are downloading too much on there account

ME,

I am shocked to hear you say that!

Can you please let me know why you advertise BB+ with the slogan "I don't need to worry about how much I download" when you have just informed me that "I need to keep an eye on my downloadsHuh"

CS
You do not need to worry about how much you download as we manage the connection enough to prevent it having an adverse effect on our systems.

ME,

Are you therefore saying that I have not used your service above or beyond its acceptable use policy?

CS
At the moment you havent. If you had you wouldnt have been emailed and advised of this.

ME,

Can you therefore explain to me why my web browsing is not at my line speed, as the product is advertised?

CS
You have done XGB so far this month, this is not sustainable usage for your account. As such the more data transfer you do the slower your speed becomes. This is how broadband plus works.

ME,
Can you please highlight to me, within your sale literature, where it states

"The more data transfer you do the slower your speed becomes. This is how broadband plus works. "

The reason I ask is all that I can see within your sales literature is that this account is perfect for web browsing, and my web browsing will always be at my line speed?

Unless of course I have used your service above or beyond its reasonable usage, (Something which one of your colleague's has said I haven't done earlier in this ticket?)

CS
Your web and email access should not be affected, the action we take is to restrict download speeds in such a way as to restrict your usage to reasonable levels

ME,

Well I'm afraid my web access is crawling at the moment. As outlined in the first post on this ticket. It was also confirmed by xxx xxx, xxx xxx and xx xx on this ticket. Can you explain why my web access is so slow, if it is not due to your management?

CS
Apologies for the previous response however it is not correct.

As part of the additional management in place to keep your usage in line with the design of the product you are using web browsing speeds are reduced.

This has been discussed at great length with you on out portal forums.

It seems that for your needs the Broadband Plus account is not the best account that we offer and I suggest you consider changing to a Broadband Pay As You Go or Broadband Premier account.

ME,

Can you please show me where, within your sales literature, it says you will reduce my web browsing speed. All I can see is a commitment to keep it at my line speed.

Unless you are referring to your SUP (that doesn't mention BB+) if you are referring to the SUP can you please explain to me, how Plusnet have managed my broadband account so that I have used your network outside of your unpublished guidelines.

CS
The sales literature clearly states that we manage the Plus account.

As has already been stated by XXX looking at your needs it would appear that Plus is not the best account for you, from those that we offer.

ME,

I didn't ask you if it clearly states that you manage the account. I asked you to show me where, within your documents, it explains that my web browsing speed will be at anything other than my line speed.

Please demonstrate to me where you have published that you will restrict my browsing speed. Should you want to use the SUP to demonstrate this, please explain how you have managed my account to make me use your network above or beyond its intended use. (Something which you colleagues have said I haven't done)

So just to be absolutely clear...

Where, within your publications does it state that you will reduce my browsing speed, other than the SUP?

And unfortunately they stopped playing ball and haven't answered the last question.

So I have had to resort to this,

Further to my unanswered questions that are still awaiting a response in this ticket, I would like to inform you that as you have restricted my web browsing speed I am taking this that you have breached our agreement.

Furthermore your edit today on your traffic management page whereby you have changed it from
"Broadband Plus is not designed for heavy downloading, which is why network traffic management is applied to data-intensive FTP, Usenet and P2P traffic during peak-times, and (to a lesser extent) off-peak hours. "

To,
"Customers downloading above the product design will see downloads at peak-times get progressively slower as this usage continues"

I deem this change to be a unfair change in your service description and I will not agree to it.

You have terminated our agreement on the basis that you have not delivered what you said you would, and you have changed the product unreasonably.

Please disconnect my ADSL as soon as is physically possible.

I will not be paying you any more monies. Should you feel my actions are unfair, I will see you in court.

Its been a fun ride guys, But I don't care if they don't give me a MAC. I'm not paying the deferred start-up costs, and i'm not paying the 30 days notice period.

If i disappear from here, and any of you want to follow my progress, you can get my on onsloej@yahoo.com

Be good,
116 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Anyone remember Monty Python's Dead Parrot sketch? :lol:

I think CS does.
N/A

lol
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I have addressed this on your ticket.
N/A

The real fun begins when/if they move their call centre to India. Cheesy
Grizzle
lank111
Grafter

lol that would make great TV! office style
N/A

Lo and behold a response!

CS
May I please draw your attention to section 6.3 of the acceptible use policy in our Terms and Conditions, which you agreed to as part of signing up for this account:

6.3 "Broadband Plus" Service Usage

6.3.1 Broadband Plus is an entry-level residential ADSL Internet access package, designed for fast web browsing, speedy email collection and to offer a general improvement over the technology available through standard dial-up Internet access.

6.3.2 Broadband Plus is not designed to sustain prolonged high-bandwidth, heavy-usage applications such as continuous Peer-to-Peer (P2P) file sharing, streaming video, binary downloads or other intensive uses.

6.3.3 Broadband Plus is designed to ensure that Customers using the package as intended receive the optimum experience. High-bandwidth use, as outlined above, is therefore not recommended. Where the Service has been deemed to have been used inappropriately or to the detriment of the overall Service, PlusNet reserves the right to take action against the account in question.

The action taken on your account is entirely in line with this and as such no agreement has been broken on our part.

This is as far as we can discuss this with you as we cannot offer support on legal issues, if you wish to take this further then this is entirely your perogative.

My response...

Can I draw your attention to the fact that several of your colleagues within this ticket have stated that I haven't used this connection inappropriately.

Further, can I draw your attention to the fact that you "Manage" my account for me, and if I have used it inappropriately, it will be down to your mismanagement.

Can you either, confirm you have mismanaged my account, or confirm that I haven't used it inappropriately?

It would appear posting the dialogue on these forums is the only way to get my tickets answered now Cry
JonathanW
Grafter

It would appear posting the dialogue on these forums is the only way to get my tickets answered now Cry

This isn't the case at all, as all tickets are normally delt with in the order that they are raised, which means that your ticket will be seen and therefore actioned after those raised before it have been actioned.
N/A

This isn't the case at all, as all tickets are normally delt with in the order that they are raised, which means that your ticket will be seen and therefore actioned after those raised before it have been actioned.

Funny how you sat on this ticket for 20 hours, and now iv posted it in the forums its actioned within minuets isn't it? I say actioned but you still haven't answered my question.

However, another response that doesn't answer the question has just popped through ( I take it you arnt very busy at the moment :lol: )

The account, in its normal form, is only lightly managed, thus allowing customers to utilise the account in the way it was designed. It is only when people use their accounts inappropriately that the extra management is brought into effect. This is what has happened in your particular case, which is why you are seeing slow speeds on http.

My response....

This is NOT as you advertise the account.

You advertise the account as being perfect for web browsing, whilst there is no need to worry about how much you download.

However, If I don't worry about how much I download, it is not perfect for web browsing. As a matter of fact, its not fit for purpose, if I don't worry how much I download.

Your claims on the previous traffic management page were that web browsing is always carried out up to line speed, whereas other services are limited. This is / was also false.

I stand by decision to not pay you any more monies as I believe you have breached our agreement.
N/A

More tickets racing through, There cant be much of a backlog eh jwhiting? :lol:

The latest response,

Yes, the account is fine for web browsing, though this is not the same as downloading massive ammounts via http or other means.

Again, people using the account as it was designed don't need to worry about monitoring their usage. Therefore these people, the ones using the package in the way it was intended, are always goign to have their web browsing at up to line speed.

Its when you move away from this, towards usage that is much better suited to the Premier account, that you will start to see slowdowns on all of your traffic.

This is covered by the AUP that you accepted when you signed up, and as such is not a breach of the agreement

My response
You say ,

"Again, people using the account as it was designed don't need to worry about monitoring their usage. "

The account is designed to be perfect for web browsing, without the need to worry about how much you download.

That is exactly what I have done. I have used the account as designed.

You say ,
"Its when you move away from this, towards usage that is much better suited to the Premier account, that you will start to see slowdowns on all of your traffic. "

This is not what was advertised when I signed up for the account. What was advertised was the fact that some protocols would be slowed down at peak times. You actually quoted a figure of 4-6% which again isn't realistic. You also said that my web browsing would be at my line speed, which it isn't.

You said,

"This is covered by the AUP that you accepted when you signed up, and as such is not a breach of the agreement. "

This document comes into effect if I have used your service above or beyond its reasonable limits. Several of your colleagues have said that I have not done this.

Furthermore, once again, If I have done this, it can only be Plusnets fault, as you are managing my account to such an extent that "I don't need to worry how much I download"

I stand by my decision to see you in court if you want any more money from me.
Community Veteran

You present a compelling argument imo onsloej!
Good to see such a well structured, level headed approach.
Interesting indeed.
N/A

And it continues...

From the CS team,
But if you had been using the account within product specifications you wouldn't be being managed now. As you are being managed, then this would suggest that you have used the account in a fashion for which it was not designed.

This is still covered by the AUP, the relevant section has already been quoted in full above.

Any prolonged intensive use of the Plus account is not suitable, and is clearly stated in the AUP. This doesn't cover standard web browsing and email, which is why the Plus account is sold as being perfect for this kind of usage.

My response,

You said,

"But if you had been using the account within product specifications you wouldn't be being managed now. As you are being managed, then this would suggest that you have used the account in a fashion for which it was not designed. "

This makes no sense on the grounds that you do NOT publish a figure for me to understand the limits of the account. Further more, you state its something that "I do not need to worry about"

Secondly it makes no sense as ALL of your BB+ accounts are managed by you, so that the user does not have to worry about how much they download. That is what your literature states. If all accounts are managed, how are you implying that because mine is managed I have broken a rule that you do not publish?

You said,

"Any prolonged intensive use of the Plus account is not suitable, and is clearly stated in the AUP. This doesn't cover standard web browsing and email, which is why the Plus account is sold as being perfect for this kind of usage."

There are four problems with this quote

1)You have not defined prolonged or intensive use.

2) If I have used it over and above your intended use, it must be your fault, as you are managing my account to prevent me from reaching your unpublished limits.

3) Other members of your CS team have already confirmed within this ticket, that I have not used this account over or above its reasonable use.

4) Along side your claim that this is perfect for web browsing, you also claim I do not have to worry about how much I download. However, it would appear from the way you are managing my account, both statements cannot be true, at the same time?

I would love to let you try and make this hold water in court. Please take me to court after you try and chase me for the money that I'm not going to pay you.
N/A

m8. it is a very bad idea not to pay up. If you get debt collectors after you it may affect your credit rating etc.

I'd be very very careful. I'm defintly seek legal advice b4 not paying and challening them in court. Not saying dont do it. by all means go for it. just be careful.

I know this isnt funny for you, but its pretty hilarious for us sitting here not on plus Wink :lol:
N/A

m8. it is a very bad idea not to pay up. If you get debt collectors after you it may affect your credit rating etc.

Debt collectors will only call, once a court has ascertained that I owe PN the money.

Should PN want to take this to court, I will bring a counter case against them for their misleading advertising and breaching my contract. I will even go as far as to claim back from them, the money which I have paid over the last two months for the service that hasn't been delivered.

Happy viewing.
N/A

Yep, and should the courts rule that you owe the money ( which I am sure they will ) you will have to cough up 11 x £14.99 + £60 + £25 which comes up to = £249.89 and then you have the legal fees for the court on top and the fee's of the debt collectors.
So lets say you have a friendly debt collector and a nice court so now you owe a total of £400. For what? cancelling your dd and being stubborn with Plusnet?

There are better ways of doing things you know, but I dont think this is it.