cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full marks to PlusNet

N/A

Full marks to PlusNet

About 5 months ago I moved the hosting of my web sites from PlusNet to a web hosting company, mainly because I needed certain extra facilities. It all seemed to be going OK until about 2 weeks ago when I discovered that my web space had been locked (without any prior notice) and I had received an e-mail from the company to say that this had happened due to alleged abuse, namely that large amounts of SPAM were being generated from my web space. Within the 24 hours that followed, I was totally unable to get hold of anyone to help me resolve the problem. I was so disgusted with the level of customer support that I took immediate measures to move my custom elsewhere.

One of the sites along with the associated domain has been moved back to PlusNet. Yesterday, I received a friendly e-mail from PlusNet to report that similar problems were occurring, but went on to offer all the necessary help. PlusNet suggested that it was probably due to a Code Injection Vulnerability within my PHP scripts and even gave a link to an external web site to explain this type of problem. I was totally unaware of such problems beforehand but have now been able to fix the security holes in my scripts.

All I really want to say from this is that I am awarding full marks to PlusNet for the quality of their customer support. Many thanks.

Andrew Perry.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Full marks to PlusNet

Could you post the links to these sites for the benefit of other PHP users.
N/A

Full marks to PlusNet