cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ftp server problem-can't connect, please help me

N/A

Ftp server problem-can't connect, please help me

Hi, I've got ADSL modem/router (2in1), PC with Windows XP, connected to internet via a Local Area Network (LAN). My LAN IP address is 10.0.0.7 and static WAN address is 195.166.150.124.
I want run FTP server, share some files with friends.
But I can't make connection. I tried many ftp servers...Serv-U....Bulletproof...Cerberus...etc.
I prefer Bulletproof server, when I want to get ONLINE, its show me: "IP 195.166.150.124 has been found, server will not use it (IP is not valid).....SERVER: Unable to start server, port 21 may already be in use."
When I don't use ma static IP 195.166.150.124, its show me:"FTP Server On-line : IP(s) 10.0.0.7, on port 21"
Please help me, I got a nightmare with this over 3 weeks.
I will be very grateful for any advice.
Thank you very much

5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Ftp server problem-can't connect, please help me

What Router are you using?

It's probably not a good idea for you to have posted your IP, but seeing as you have, I can confrim that that IP address is running an FTP server already.

You need to:

1. Ensure you have port forwarding setup on the router to forward port 21 from the 195.* address to the internal 10. address.

2. Ensure you disable any FTP servers that your router might be running.

When I login to your ftp server I get:

Connected to 195.166.150.124.
220 VxWorks (5.4.1) FTP server ready
User (195.166.150.124Sadnone)):

Regards,

Ian
N/A

yeah it sure does sound like a port forwarding issue, how have u set them up? if any?
N/A

Thank you for yours replays.
I used Conexant (Hasbani) ADSL modem/router. I changed many times settings, I used also this one:
http://www.cazart.plus.com/conexant/

My setting in "Local Area Connection" I've got "Obtain an IP address automatically" and same with DNS: "Obtain an DNS address automatically"
When I start BulletProof server and use "home IP address 195.166.150.124, its show me: "SERVER: Unable to start server, port 21 may already be in use." and when I use empty home IP address its show:"FTP Server On-line : IP(s) 10.0.0.7, on port 21"

In Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services.
DHCP Client- start automatic, status=started
DNS Client - start automatic, status=started
IIS Admin - start automatic, status=stopped

Please do you have any an idea what is wrong??
Many thanks mates, if you live close to Wembley, let me know, I will invite you for couple pints.
Cheers
N/A

Hi Ian.
You wrote:
1. Ensure you have port forwarding setup on the router to forward port 21 from the 195.* address to the internal 10. address.

2. Ensure you disable any FTP servers that your router might be running"""

Could you let me know where can I change this settingsHuh
In http://10.0.0.2 or at Local Area ConnectionHuh
Cheers mate
N/A

Please have a look at my ADSL modem/router configuration:

http://www.okverd.plus.com/conexant/

Could you tell me whats there wrong??
Thank you very much
Best regards
Steve