cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ftp Problem?

N/A

Ftp Problem?

Morning Peeps

Is their currently a problem with FTP, Ive been trying to upload html files to my webspace using the ftp site manager built into Dreamveaver 3, it manages to upload about 3-4 files before it comes to a halt and then pops up a message saying an ftp error occurred, i then have to disconnect and reconnect the ftp conection and reapeat for another 3-4 files before it stops again,

Tried dreamweaver with my other 0845 ISP (Freeuk) and it uploads fine is their a problem or am i doing something wrong?

Any info appreciated

Alistair Neil

--
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Ftp Problem?

> Morning Peeps
>
> Is their currently a problem with FTP, Ive been trying to upload html files to my webspace using the ftp site manager built into Dreamveaver 3, it manages to upload about 3-4 files before it comes to a halt and then pops up a message saying an ftp error occurred, i then have to disconnect and reconnect the ftp conection and reapeat for another 3-4 files before it stops again,
>
> Tried dreamweaver with my other 0845 ISP (Freeuk) and it uploads fine is their a problem or am i doing something wrong?
>
> Any info appreciated
>
> Alistair Neil
>
>
> --
>

Hi Alistair,
it's possibly a compatibility issue as there's no problems with your account or the FTP server. If you can try another ftp package such as cute ftp or wsftp and see if the problem remains. Either way I'd appreciate it if you could post the results back to this thread. Both FTP packages I've mentioned are in The File Vault.
Best Regards
Scott Elliott
--
| Scott Elliott..................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Team Leader.............................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Ok Scott, I'll try CuteFtp when I get home tonight and get back to you tomorrow sometime with the results.

Thanks Alistair
N/A

> Ok Scott, I'll try CuteFtp when I get home tonight and get back to you tomorrow sometime with the results.
>
> Thanks Alistair

Hi,

Thanks to Scott for the information there. This problem is certainly not unheard of but we now have so few reports of any ftp errors, that it's more difficult for us to check.

Would it be possible for you to carry out a check. Can you try (using your exact current setup) the following host address...

ftp-proxy.plus.net

..and report if the connection is any more successful.

If this is no better, let us know and give the programs listed by my colleague a try (attempting to connect in both PASV mode and normal)

Thanks in advance for your time on this.

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff................Unmetered & ADSL Solutions
| Customer Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referral - It pays to recommend PlusNet ------ +
N/A

Will do Torsten

Ali
N/A

Morning Peeps

Well at this point im going to get down on my knees and beg forgiveness from Scott and Torsten the Ftp fault turned out to be at my end my Win 2000 box fell over completely last night when I was looking into the problem, turns out my Master File Table was corrupt, eventually it wouldnt even boot without BSOD.

Restored my pc from a backup and used the linux box to recover other stuff.

After I reinstalled, Dreamweaver Ftp was working perfectly in normal mode so im putting it down to the corrupted file system for just now will run some further tests on thursday (Its Lord of the Rings tonight) but I think its gonna be ok.

Once again i apologise, dont send the boys round Smiley

Alistair