cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration

N/A

Frustration

Does anyone else find it pathetic that you have to wait on hold for an hour to speak to someone? and if your internet is down you can not do anything, it then takes 5 days to fix...

This has got to be the worst customer service i have ever experienced!

PLUS NET - Start picking up the phone!!!!

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Edited the thread name from all caps.]
8 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Frustration

If you have a Broadband Fault, then I'd advise calling our Broadband Faults Helpline on 0845 140 0080 which is directed directly to our faults team.

Alternatively, I would recommend running the automated Broadband Fault checker at http://faults.plus.net

This will peform line checks on your connection and raise a fault directly into the correct ticket pool for investigation.
N/A

Frustration

Liam,

This is the frustration.

I do not have a fault at the moment (well apart from i havent been able to send any emails for hours now!)

If someones internet is down and you live in a remote area, how are you meant to go on line to report your fault if the fault is u have no internet!?

Also, Phone customer support... i do not like being kept waiting for nearly an hour.

Raise a report... sometimes i like my fault to be fixed before 5 days time.
Liam
Grafter

Frustration

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to call us?

If you don't have a fault, can I help you with anything else?
N/A

Frustration

Lots of people have upgraded from a dialup modem, so when a broadband fault occurs, they can login via dialup and get PN to check/log the fault automatically. You also get a 0800 number to dial too Smiley
N/A

Frustration

In addition I think the faults line has a much better wait time than 1 hour.

I know in the recent past that wait times were not good, but I believe that the average answer time has improved on both the general support line and the fault line recently. Currently the average call wait time is shown as just over 8 mins. Smiley

In addition those with adsl faults are given and 0800 dial access which is also an improvement on what used to happen.
Liam
Grafter

Frustration

It is true that the wait times are coming right down.

Currently, I can tell you that the longest call currently waiting is just over 20minutes. This is much better than the situation we have been in.

A couple of weeks ago we made a decision as a business to increase the resources that were applied to calls. This seems to be working well and call waiting times are now much improved - with no affect on tickets. Our faults line seems to be working really well and you get straight through to people that know exactly what they're talking about when it comes to broadband troubleshooting and faults etc...

I haven't seen a queue in excess of an hour since I've been working here to be honest.

Unfortunately our new phone system can't output a lot of the data to the portal that we used to have - but if you guys every want call stats - just ask us here for the time being! We're not trying to hide anything from you.
N/A

Frustration

well you 2 carry on between yourself.

I am talking from past experience from about 2 weeks ago. If things have improved then great.

Can you explain why my broadband keeps droppping every 30mins or so? i am way past the changeover period of ten days.
James
Grafter

Frustration

I can't give you a definite reason, no.

However, I would suggest that you try changing filters, going via the test socket behind your master faceplate and trying another modem/router if possible.

If you still get dropouts, raise a fault and we'll send it to BT for you.