cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration with broadband activation...

N/A

As I have been very unsuccessful in my attempts to get my broadband connection activated I though I'd share with you all my story...

I requested to upgrade my account to broadband from dial up over the Christmas period and was informed via the 'Track My Broadband Order' component that it would be activated on the 10th January 2007...

Well, here goes...

4:52pm, Friday 12th January 2007

Customer should have been connected to ADSL on 9/01/07 but on eco the order is still placed.
Can you please contact BT Provs and check why this hasn't been completed.

3:29pm, Monday 15th January 2007
[internal]

eu called to chase this order. should of been completed on the 10/1/07 still not complete

when this has been done please call the eu's son on 0xxxx xxxxxx

eco order: 1-xxxxxx

4:49pm, Wednesday 17th January 2007

Dear Mr Newton,

I have called BT this afternoon and they advised me the order should complete tomorrow 18/01/07.

I will call BT back tomorrow and keep you updated.

Thank you.

The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Thursday 18th January at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - Delayed Orders until this time.Additional information is provided below:

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 9:05am, Thursday 18th January 2007

We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 21066482 ] has now been returned to the BOT - Delayed Orders pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

4:20pm, Thursday 18th January 2007

Dear Mr Newton,

Should complete by the end of play today, I apologise for the delay and the inconvenience caused.

The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Friday 19th January at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - Delayed Orders until this time.Additional information is provided below:

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 9:06am, Friday 19th January 2007

We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 21066482 ] has now been returned to the BOT - Delayed Orders pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

1:38pm, Friday 19th January 2007

Dear Mr Newton,

This order is not yet showing as complete in the ordering system, but BT advise that you should now be able to connect. We will check this again on Monday to ensure this has completed on the system. Thank you

The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Monday 22nd January at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - Delayed Orders until this time.Additional information is provided below:

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 9:05am, Monday 22nd January 2007

5:51pm, Monday 22nd January 2007

Dear Mr Newton,

I have just spoken to BT and they have told me that there are no further updates on this and the order is stilpl in delay because of the above so I have put this on hold until Thrusday (the review date).

The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Thursday 25th January at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - Delayed Orders until this time.Additional information is provided below:

And it goes on... Another question was raised against the problem and that follows in a similar vein...

3:01pm, Monday 22nd January 2007

Dear Mr Newton,

Customer line should have been activated on the 8th Jan but still showing as order placed can we chase this please

Regards,
Pxxxxxx

3:15pm, Monday 22nd January 2007

Dear Mr Newton,

BT have advised that the ADSL connection is now live and ready yo use. I am leaving this ticket on hold as not all of their systems haev updated yet to reflect that.

The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Tuesday 23rd January at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - Delayed Orders until this time.Additional information is provided below:

Regards,
Axxxxxxx

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 9:06am, Tuesday 23rd January 2007

We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 21129009 ] has now been returned to the BOT - Delayed Orders pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

12:39pm, Tuesday 23rd January 2007

Dear Mr Newton,
BT's systems have not yet updated to reflect the correct order status, we will check again in 24 hours.

The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Wednesday 24th January at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - Delayed Orders until this time.Additional information is provided below:

Regards,
Axxxxxxx

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 9:05am, Wednesday 24th January 2007

We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 21129009 ] has now been returned to the BOT - Delayed Orders pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

And you know what, I still can't get connected.

I'd love to hear others views on this.
5 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi,

This looks like a culmination of BT delays and a broadband fault. From my end, this is showing as a completed ADSL provision, which is now unable to synchronise with the BT exchange. Are you able to do the following:

- Test directly from the test socket behind the master socket
- Try using an alternate filter
- Try using a different modem
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

We chased this issue with BT yesterday and they said you should be able to connect, this is clearly not the case.

I've asked our provisioning manager to look into this, and will let you know when we make progress.
N/A

Hi,

This looks like a culmination of BT delays and a broadband fault. From my end, this is showing as a completed ADSL provision, which is now unable to synchronise with the BT exchange. Are you able to do the following:

- Test directly from the test socket behind the master socket
- Try using an alternate filter
- Try using a different modem

- Master socket tested
- Alternate filter tested
- Will do, if you send me one
N/A

Hi there,

We chased this issue with BT yesterday and they said you should be able to connect, this is clearly not the case.

I've asked our provisioning manager to look into this, and will let you know when we make progress.

Mand, I've been told this for the last few days.

The Support Team advised that I should unplug my modem for an hour last night, but that didn't make any difference either.

Today is the two-week anniversary of my 'go-live'. :x
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

One of my colleagues has chased this up this afternoon, BT believe that you should be able to connect now but the order isn't showing as complete in the ordering system so it may be that there's a fault on the line, because of the way that the BT Wholesale ordering system works we can't raise it as a fault until the order is closed off so the broadband operation team are going to check it up as soon as they can for you.