cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frontpage server times out

N/A

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing their FrontPage/FP server time out. I'm not seeing myself, but several others are seeing messages like:

The page might be temporarily unavailable.

or
The connection has timed out

The server at ~removed~ is taking too long to respond.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Anyone else seeing such things? :?

PS: Is it me or is PN seem experiencing problems on a increasingly frequent basis? Sad
35 REPLIES
TFC
Grafter

Yep, I am as well... it's been happening all day and it's getting very annoying.

There is no indication of a fault on service status...

I just spent loads of time on the phone to CS to enquire... Only to be told this is the wrong number, go elsewhere... read the website information...

Hells Bells... it is hopeless trying to find anything on the portal.... I have had little to do with CS and have always been happy with PN, however I'm beginning to see what others are complaining about.
N/A

Thanks for the speedy reply bletchingley Wink Shame that it confirms the problem although at least I now know that I'm not alone Smiley

There is no indication of a fault on service status...
Sad That's the first place I looked...hopefully CS will pick up on it soon.

I just spent loads of time on the phone to CS to enquire... Only to be told this is the wrong number, go elsewhere... read the website information...
How frustrating! I have never had the need to call CS <touch wood> as the ticket system has normally sufficed. Have you tried that?

Hells Bells... it is hopeless trying to find anything on the portal.... I have had little to do with CS and have always been happy with PN, however I'm beginning to see what others are complaining about.
It can be annoying when they keep moving things. It's a real shame that PN seems to be slipping at the moment Sad
TFC
Grafter

I've sent a question via the help assistant...
There used to be a section where you could submit and view all tickets, open and closed, on your account... but I can't find that now.

The portal has become too complicated, finding anything is a nightmare. I'm too old to be bothered to struggle pointlessly... All I need is a simple reliable connection and a bit of web space to use for testing before I publish to a domain.
Maybe start looking for a new ISP.
N/A

I sympathise with you...but I think the page here http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=questions
does a similar thing to the old enotes ticket system, just that they are now called "My Questions" Wink
steed
Grafter

No Front Page websites?

FP server seems to be down Sad

I also cannot access the websites using the front page servers or upload.

Yet the status light still shows Green for FP on their service status page.
TFC
Grafter

Still down and bugger all interest from CS or support or whatever they call themselves.... Not impressed...
N/A

Thanks for your confirming the issue, culttv. The more people mention the problem the more likely CS might follow it up Smiley

I sent CS a "question" yesterday, but haven't received a response yet...In the meantime I have moved all my FrontPage web pages to the standard www server...something which I had been planning to do but not under these circumstances.

It would be nice for someone at PlusNet to at least acknowledge the issue.
N/A

Still down and [censored] all interest from CS or support or whatever they call themselves.... Not impressed...
I think they are pretty tied up at the moment with the whole ADSLMax thing: http://usergroup.plus.net/news_commshelpcsc.php Sad
TFC
Grafter

Just had my ticket returned, Support can see the site... I still cannot.

Can anyone else get to theirs yet.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Can you post some URL's so that we can check if we can see the sites for you.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Can anyone else get to theirs yet.

For what its worth, the FP element of my site is working correctly.

As John has stated, a couple of url's would help for checking. Smiley
csogilvie
Grafter

Just had my ticket returned, Support can see the site... I still cannot.

That old chestnut... don't get me started on that Wink
TFC
Grafter

Thanks guys...

http://fp.bletchingley.plus.com/index.htm

Support viewed it here...

http://fp.bletchingley.plus.com/

I have no problem with any other sites...
N/A

Mmmh.

I am going to join the old chestnut.

The site seems to be working fine for me. The only issue I could find was the enquiry form would not submit and produced a page not found, however that looks to be a seperate issue from what you originally reported.

Sorry that this didnt take you any further.