cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Plus to Premier...

Marco
Grafter

From Plus to Premier...

I'm teetering on the edge of upgrading for a number of reasons, the better webspace provision and the desire to remove the stress of watching every mb coming down the line among them

I'd like to hear from those who've made the move particularly, but if you've just got thoughts on the quality of Premier, fire away
13 REPLIES
N/A

From Plus to Premier...

I upgraded in August and the difference in quality of the products is staggering. Like chalk and cheese. Well worth upgrading IMHO.
N/A

From Plus to Premier...

If u had asked a few months back i wud havs said dont bother.

Now i would say go for it.

The reason: its a hell of alot better than +

if u dont really use more than 20GB a month its perfectly fine apart from the odd hickup that are randomly and occasionally occuring atm
N/A

From Plus to Premier...

I upgraded a few weeks ago to stop my limit being capped and to give me a bit of extra data through a month.

I thought the monthly limits were set at 100GB total or 30GB peak usage, but I've been throttled at 10GB peak usage. The upgrade has given me a bit of extra speed but it seems have got my connection throttled quicker.
JonathanW
Grafter

From Plus to Premier...

The overall usage level is 100GB. However, certain other protocols are counted towards a seperate set of usage levels between 8am and midnight, as detailed here
Marco
Grafter

From Plus to Premier...

So no more than 30 gb peak time, of which no more than 20 gb must be P2P/FTP/Usenet, plus 70gb of any type of traffic off peak. There would be no throttling or management for this?

Also peak is currently 8am to Midnight,but soon will be 4pm to midnight?
JonathanW
Grafter

From Plus to Premier...

Not quite, you can download more than 20gb of ftp/nntp/p2p its just that after 20gb it will start to slow down.

Peak for SUP is just 4pm-midnight, rather than 8am-midnight, which is only there for the 20gb nntp/ftp/p2p traffic
N/A

From Plus to Premier...

Oh, I see, there it is, hidden away in the menus and links of your help & support system ... stupid me.

Why can't these things be explained when people are thinking of changing packages instead of being hidden in a maze of links and menus? If I'd known this when considering upgrading, I'd have changed ISP to a service like Zen or Pipex and not upgraded ... ahh, I get it, that's why it's hidden! Now I'm stuck with extortionate fees to get out of Plusnet.
Marco
Grafter

From Plus to Premier...

Thanks Jon

"Not quite, you can download more than 20gb of ftp/nntp/p2p its just that after 20gb it will start to slow down."

What slows down? - ftp/nntp/p2p transfers or my whole connection?

And SUP for general usage then is a bit more do-able, with only the evenings being peak-time.

Why though isn't 8am til 4pm off-peak for ftp/nntp/p2p when most people are at work and therefore not using their residential bb?
JonathanW
Grafter

From Plus to Premier...

Its not hidden away, the information on how Premier is managed is linked from the product description pages, so that you can read it before moving to that package.
N/A

From Plus to Premier...

It IS all very confusing though, what with 3 different time bands, different protocol allowances etc.

It should be 1 figure for p2p and another (seperate) one for everything else. Peak time or not.
N/A

From Plus to Premier...

saruya - there are plans to have everything 4pm-0000. but that hasnt happened yet. I thought it was end of jan but thats been pushed forward abit apparntly.

Any eta guys?
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

From Plus to Premier...

It's always been estimated to change at the end of Feb (or by the end of Feb?). This is meant to happen when the automation of the profile changes comes in, so if that slips the date for the change of peak times would slip. There has been no update on how that project is going, or if it is expected to be completed on time as far as I'm aware.

Phil
Marco
Grafter

From Plus to Premier...

Well it's 7 for and 4 against upgrading to Premier instead of going elsewhere

Since I'm already here I'm inclined to give it a go as it'll be just as easy to migrate away from Premier as from Plus.

So PlusNet get the benefit of the doubt ...for a month or so Wink