cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent disconnections to a normally stable setup

N/A

Over the last 2 weeks my internet connection has been extremely unreliable. I have a BT Voyager 2091 router which is configured to be always on, it's been setup this way for many months and I have had no issues with disconnections. However a couple of weeks ago the connection would drop frequently, up to every 20 mins. Further to this instead of automatically reconnecting, the router sits waiting for me to click 'connect' in its web gui.

I have done a factory reset of the router and reconfigured but to no avail.

This happens with little traffic running, i.e. no PTP, just web browsing and mail.

Can you see any issues with my broadband line, or has anyone any similar experiences with this router?
4 REPLIES
omnia
Dabbler

I am also experiencing the same problem with my BT Voyager 2110 router. Previously the router would automatically re-connect if the line dropped; now I have to re-connect manually.

Can PN enlighten us on this.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Isn't really specific advice, but have you checked to see that you're running the most up to date firmware?

What product are you both on? I assume BBYW with that model of router?

Do either of you have another modem/router you can test with to see if it's your line or the router that's causing the problem? If you raise a ticket with PlusNet CSC then an advisor should be able to tell you if you have had any loss of sync events. The router log and connection stats also might help someone here diagnose the problem.

I assume the router is connected directly to the master socket (socket where your BT line enters the property) and that all extensions have micro-filters?
N/A

Yes, I'm running the latest firmware (Version 3.01t) and it's pluuged into my master socket. There's only one other telecomms device in use, the phone attached to the same splitter as the router.

I've raised a ticket with support so I'll see what they come back with.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

I'd have suggested a factory reset- but you've already done that.

Begging, borrowing or stealing some other hardware to eliminate is the next logical step.

From the frequency of the disconnections it sounds like-

a) your SNR is really marginal and your modem can't cope
b) hardware fault

So if alternate hardware isn't available posting your line stats (available via your router) may help to confirm if it is a hardware fault or recently apparent problems on your line.