cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Disconnects....

N/A

Frequent Disconnects....

All evening my connection has been off then on. (Now I have completely unreliable to add to the slow speeds since going 2Mb) This applies to both News and Web. My systemn is fine.

I am now stuck at the portal. Surfing is very hit and MISS with pages not arriving or partially. It looks like a DNS issue. When I can get a tracert to work, I get the following

Tracing route to www.plusnet.co.uk [212.159.8.137]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 21 ms 21 ms 19 ms 195.166.128.53
3 21 ms 19 ms 21 ms 84.92.3.105
4 20 ms 19 ms 19 ms 212.159.4.5
5 27 ms 25 ms 25 ms 195.166.129.246
6 27 ms 25 ms 25 ms 195.166.129.226
7 26 ms 25 ms 26 ms 195.166.129.39
8 26 ms 25 ms 27 ms 212.159.8.137

Trace complete.

Pings here are fine but then it takes forever to try to resolve the address finally it gives up. I had this same issue with PN last year and PN fro months claimed no issue until finally forced to do so.
12 REPLIES
N/A

Frequent Disconnects....

Evil I too have been suffering frequent disconnections for over a month now. As I am a home worker, this is having enormous impact.

I must be disconnected on average of 8-10 times a day, the only way to restore service is to reboot everything, all my pcs and router!

I have started going through the checklist, ie make sure the connections are directly connected (not via anything else), changed the filter etc............. now I am at the point of reloading the router drivers - which I am not happy about, particularly as I see other people having the same problem.

Can we encourage PlusNet to address this matter?
kosh2
Grafter

Frequent Disconnects....

Are you using P2P?
kosh2
Grafter

Frequent Disconnects....

Are you using P2P?
martinrowe
Grafter

Frequent Disconnects....

Got upgraded today to 1 Mbps and experiencing lots of disconnections. On average every 3 mins it disconnects. Could be the weather or BT. Yesterday and the past few months have been fine with no major disconnect problems.
N/A

disconnections

3 minutes your lucky 1 question is slower than dial up before your disconnected mine is i am here on dial up havent managed to use broadband since thursday question above stats p2p im not on p2p software or anything i think theres two may customers not enougth bandwidth someone has to suffer.
martinrowe
Grafter

Re: disconnections

3 minutes your lucky 1 question is slower than dial up before your disconnected mine is i am here on dial up havent managed to use broadband since thursday question above stats p2p im not on p2p software or anything i think theres two may customers not enougth bandwidth someone has to suffer.

Yes it is slowing to a crawl - trouble loading bbc sites and hotmail and even the mighty google is s-l-o-w.
N/A

connections

google wouldnt even load checked my settings reinstalled everything checkedfilters bt line check now i know its not my end it has to be plusnets because people with same problems and diffrent exchanges .
N/A

Frequent Disconnects....

This has got me too tonight, it could be the weather affecting PN directly but where I live is still clear skies so it certainly is not local.
N/A

Frequent Disconnects....

my connection is up and down like a yoyo. frequent disconnects, every 2 mins since 9pm when i came online and very slow speeds when it does connect.
at once point i was down to 7k/s thats like back to modem man. arrrgh.
N/A

Frequent Disconnects....

same for my mother since her line was bulk upgraded to 1Mb on Friday (Milton Keynes)
martinrowe
Grafter

Frequent Disconnects....

It got better later in the evening and stayed up from 11 - 12 without a disconnect. Maybe it was the weather.
martinrowe
Grafter

Frequent Disconnects....

Well a month later and after it dropped back down to the usual 512 Kbps everything worked fine and there have been no disconnects. However when I connected yesterday I noticed that the speed was now 2.2 Mbps. I was pleased, but that pleasure was short lived as just like before it is disconnecting every couple of minutes.

Plusnet - can you tell BT to stop pi$$ing around with my line unless its going to work properly. Its nothing my end causing the disconnects, and frankly it's really annoying me now. I use this broadband connection for work, and its affecting productivity.