cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Disconnections. Help?

N/A

Often times the disconnections come as I'm downloading something, or I'm in an online game. I have a BT Voyager 100 and almost every time I get disconnected, all the lights (Power, DSL and Data) switch off. Only restarting the computer corrects this. Though there are occasions where it simply disconnects randomly and without heavy use of the net at the time.
Can anyone suggest reasons why it might be doing this, and quite frequently at that?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Can't help you as such BUT i sometimes get the same problem.
and have also noticed when you restart/Unplug modem and put it back in. an reconnect You can recieve e-mails from you plus net account if your setup Using outlook. BUT you can't surf the web are anything else. so after 3-4 attempts disconnecting and reconnecting you finally get there. No point raising a ticket because they read from the book in front of them and tell you to disconnect phones/connect to master socket etc.

when your Boardband has been working fine for the past 2yrs.

P.S i raised a ticket about 2months ago and went through all that rubbish then give up. few dayz later i was working fine then it hit same problem.
Community Veteran

If ALL the lights on the modem or router go out then it has to be a local problem with the setup.
Not something that PlusNet can fix I fear. Sad
N/A

true but my lights stay on i connect fine :lol: but just won't do a single thing no browsering no anything. lol strange i think. Sometimes if i unplug modem then plug it bk in it works fine.

Also it says i'm connected and works fine then it just stops working but i still connect.
:roll:
Community Veteran

Can you "borrow" a router or modem to try and see if you still get the same problem?? (this applies to both the above posters)