cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free upgrade to BB Plus from PAYG - should I?

N/A

I now have the option to upgrade free from BB PAYG to BB Plus (woohoo, a free account change)

Fairly light user (occassionally over 1GB/month, no PtoP sharing, only surf, mail and game), so what i want to know is will i suffer from upgrading? Any catches with BB Plus that i don't have with PAYG?

Only reason i'm asking is, i would expect to have to pay to switch to product that offered me more and PlusNet less (cynical i know! Cheesy )

Thanks,

Glide.
7 REPLIES
N/A

I would say Broadband Plus would be better for you, since you don't do any P2P, and that's the only really disadvantage to Plus. Also you wouldn't have to worry about going over your usage limit.

The only thing I'm not completely sure of is how well games perform on the Plus product. My understanding is that P2P, usenet and a few related things are given a lower priority, so gaming should be fine, but it might be worth getting that clarified.
N/A

Ta muchly. I will check it out!
N/A

Hi Glide!

From what you say, BB+ would be fine for you. if you have no use for a static IP, and a 100Mb website is enough, then go ahead and move!

I switched packages in May. Since then I've had a great, very fast connection, no problems using Internet radio and the occasional video stream, and good speed on downloads from websites and ftp - only remember that BB+ is not suitable for massive downloads. Probably not suitable for extensive video streaming either. Overall, I use under 5Gb bandwidth per month, that allows me to download everything I need (or have time to use!) and browse as much as I want.

Just be aware that the new T & C include the possibile introduction of disconnection after 30 minutes of idle time (= when you're not using your connection at all). If being always on is important for you, then you should probably stay in PAYG. I usually disconnect the modem when not using it, so am not affected by the change Smiley
N/A

Opportunity to save a few quid when i do exceed my download limit is probably going to be taken then.

Thanks for replying all. We'll see about the timeouts.......... Outlook Express....
Community Veteran

Don't forget no CGI / PHP / SQL
N/A

Then again................. :roll:
N/A

Ah well. BB+ here we come!