Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free router CD

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Free router CD

I've just recieved my free router BT 1800 HG (very quick by the way - only requested it on Saturday) and downloaded the manual from the PN page. The manual refers to an installation cd but I had no cd or instructions in my package - was I supposed to or is the software downloadable from somewhere?

Paul
5 REPLIES
grimreality
Grafter

Free router CD

You could probably download it but it will not have the same stuff as the original disc.

although if this is with a plain router then it should not need any software to be able to communicate with your computer as it only plugs in via ethernet so no detection is necessary.
paulgul
Rising Star

Free router CD

although if this is with a plain router then it should not need any software to be able to communicate with your computer as it only plugs in via ethernet so no detection is necessary.

You're probably right, the PN installation guide doesn't refer to any software, but the pdf manual say the "Intelligent Gateway software" must be installed on every computer in the network. I'll just give it a go tomorrow and see what happens.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Free router CD

Hi,

There isn't actually a CD with the BT1800HG router, unfortunately it lists it in the manual when there isn't one. The software that it would have included is the USB drivers which you can get from here:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/bt1800_setup.shtml
fraval
Grafter

Free router CD

I have one of these routers
If you use ethernet cable,it will do it all for you[plug and play as they say]
you wont need a CD
paulgul
Rising Star

Free router CD

Ok, thanks for your answers, I'll try setting it up tonight.

Paul