Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free regrade back to fixed rate connection

ferryman
Grafter

ferryside wrote:

Will Plusnet provide a free "upgrade" back to the fixed rate product in these cases like some other ISPs have already done?

jamesbailey replied:

As mentioned in the other place, I'm chasing this internally currently.

So can we have a reply please? Will Plusnet offer a free path back to their old fixed rate product for customers where MaxDSL has produced no increase in actual download speed and an unstable connection with frequent disconnections after the training period?
40 REPLIES
FooAtari
Grafter

Um, why not add this to the thread where you quoted from?, if the Comms team are reading it already, seems a bit pointless to start a new post about it, when you will probably get the same answer. Im sure they will announce it when and if its gets setup, which for the sake of people with poor connections I hope Plus do.
ferryman
Grafter

Um, why not add this to the thread where you quoted from?, if the Comms team are reading it already, seems a bit pointless to start a new post about it, when you will probably get the same answer. Im sure they will announce it when and if its gets setup, which for the sake of people with poor connections I hope Plus do.

This is an important question which deserves its own specific thread.
GersFans
Grafter

Agreed, this issue deserves its own post/discussion.

I have asked already and this was the response I got:

"We dont change your account back from max dsl services as all customers on all isp's will be going on the this service adn the ipstream removed so if we did remove it which we are not able to you would have to go back on to it."

I would much rather have a rock solid 2mb connection like before than an unstable "whatever you can connect at" service... :roll:
N/A

In agreement with others here. It's a separate item and the thread it started from has wandered off into a discussion about speeds and queries from many of those who applied to queue jump. I want to regrade backwards. ASAP please.
mrchalk
Grafter

In agreement with others here. It's a separate item and the thread it started from has wandered off into a discussion about speeds and queries from many of those who applied to queue jump. I want to regrade backwards. ASAP please.

A associate of mine who was upgraded to Max was given his old 2mb service back just the other day. He said max was a laod of sh**e. He is with Freedom2Surf though...
N/A

I too would also like a free regrade back to a stable, robust, reliable 2Mb service until as such times as maxdsl is fully resolved in terms of issues that I'm certainly experiencing.

Even if this is only for a short time period - I want a service that I can use that meets the needs uf the user rather than one that still has major issues associated with it.

Please PN advise & confirm that you will help support your community and provide free regrade back options for those that still experience maxdsl issues - surely this is not too much to ask and could be easily resolved with BTW.
N/A

C'mon PN, what's happening, when are those who are having problems with this MaxCr*p service gonna get a regrade back to a consistent, reliable connection? If not, then you need to apply more pressure on your supplier to get issues sorted out (preferably any time this century)
N/A

i also would jump at the change of a going back to 2mb, where i wouldnt have to keep reebooting my router and pc just for a useable connection - and its not like i even use p2p or downlaod a lot!!! i feel like im being robbed every month
N/A

Bumping this for a comment from PN; Mand, Dave whoever.... :roll:
N/A

Yeah, me too, I'd rather have 2MB steady than an infrequent service which keeps disconnecting me, thanks but not thanks Plusnet
N/A

I've just been regraded back to my 2mb product as of last night. See thread:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43887

Good luck everyone else asking for regrades
N/A

:roll: Time to bump this again - still no response from PNs representatives...trying to avoid the issue I guess!
Alecto
Grafter

Well, I'm sure that in the light of Ian's recent declaration of better customer service , somebody from Plusnet will actually answer this and stop just ignoring it.

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

Does Ian realise that ignoring questions provokes more customer resentment than giving an unpopular answer?
furryside
Dabbler

Still constant disconnections

Wink My connection is a joke, PN have been of no use at all.
my 2MB connection has dropped to a heady 414kbps and upload to 64kbps!
Why not wait until DSLMAX tool has come out of beta before using it?.
I was not expecting a downgrade in service or a reduction in peak time caps (45GB, then 35GB, then 15GB in may, and now 10GB)
I will wait another week and if no improvement will ask to opt out.