cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free domains

Trebor
Grafter

Free domains

Is there a cut off point for applying for a free domain, my domain is up for renewal 12/7/2007, the name won't be appropriate soon as I'm moving house so would I be able to let the old domain lapse and take up the offer of a new one next month?
20 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Free domains

Hi,

The option to register the free domain will be available for 60 days, it first became available today so you've got until the middle of August.
rengarth
Grafter

Free domains

What about customers who already pay £1 a month for the domain they registered ages ago? Can they get a free domain too?
Trebor
Grafter

Free domains

And we customers who pay for our free domain, do we get a price reduction?
Richard_261
Grafter

Free domains

Does anyone know why F9 want to charge me £52.88 to renew my own domain name whaich I have owned for ten years?
rengarth
Grafter

Free domains

Depends on if it's a .co.uk or a .com (or whatever) domain, and whether you registered it through F9 or somewhere else, and ported it to F9.

That's just a guess though.
Richard_261
Grafter

Free domains

It's co.uk name and I brought it to F9 a couple of years ago.
rengarth
Grafter

Free domains

If you paid for the domain elsewhere and then transferred it to be hosted by F9 then I think they would make a charge once it was due for renewal.

I got my .co.uk domain through F9 when I signed up, and only pay £1 per month for it. But I think there would be a greater charge for renewal if I'd got the domain elsewhere and then transferred it to F9 later on. That may be why they're charging you for it.

Have you raised a ticked through the help pages? I can understand why they would charge you if it wasn't a domain bought through F9, but £52.88 sounds a bit steep to me!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Free domains

What about customers who already pay £1 a month for the domain they registered ages ago? Can they get a free domain too?

Yes, you can have a second domain for free.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Free domains

And we customers who pay for our free domain, do we get a price reduction?

Not sure I understand, if you are paying for a domain then it isn't a free domain. This offer is completely seperate to any other domains you may have.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Free domains

It's co.uk name and I brought it to F9 a couple of years ago.

UK domains are due for renewal every 2 years. Our normal renewal fee is £52.88 which covers the renewal for 2 years, the other way you can do it is to pay £1 per month.
Richard_261
Grafter

Free domains

Thanks for the reply

£52.88 seems a lot, but £1 a month for two years would be £24 which is a lot less.
How do I set my account up to pay monthly please?
Pendragon
Rising Star

Free domains

Dave (or any F9 staff),

My domain has just expired on the 21st as I don’t need it any more. I was paying the £1.00 per month so could you check my account has dropped the £1 charge.

Regards, Colin.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Free domains

Hi there,

I've removed the domain completely from your account to eliminate the possibility of system errors. You will not get charged the extra £1 per month in future.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
rengarth
Grafter

Free domains

My domain is gonna expire on 8/7/07 and it's obsolete now and not set for renewal so can someone at F9 make sure I don't keep getting charged for it too? Thanks.