cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free domain name because of Webmail debacle

N/A

Is this still happening, if so how do I go about getting my free domain name?
225 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PlusNet have not completed the work / processes for this yet. When they have they will announce it and any T&C that apply.

No idea on time scales I'm afraid.
N/A

Thanks for the reply
The_10th
Grafter

If you leave PN and take the domain name to a.n.other hosting service there is a £5.99 fee remember.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

See below for details on free domains-

We will be offering customers a free .uk domain name from around the 21st of June. Customers will be able to activate this via the member centre home page, and will then be able to register their new domain via our domain registration page (Please note due to maintenance, this page may be unavailable at the time of reading). We will continue to renew the domain, free of charge for the lifetime of each customers account, but a nominal charge of £5.99 will apply if we are asked to transfer this domain to another supplier.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi there,

The free.uk domain stuff is being rolled live tomorrow morning. That's what this is for.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

alben
Grafter

are we allowed any .uk name, or does it have to be .co.uk, could it be a .uk.net?
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

From what we've been told customers are entitled to a *.uk domain, for example domainname.co.uk, domainname.org.uk, domainname.me.uk

As domainname.uk.net and domainname.uk.com are under a different pricing structure and through a different registration agency I doubt these will be available.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Yep, will just be .co.uk, .me.uk or .org.uk (I believe business customers would be able to have an ltd.uk or plc.uk if they are an LTD or PLC as well).
glyndev
Grafter

To clarify a couple of points and get things straight in my own mind.

1: Is this available to "ALL" customers with a paid account ?. OR is it paid account type specific ?. (Iam on BB Prem 1).

2: If I already have 5 domains hosted free on my account, would I have to move one away to take up this offer ?. Or would this offer not count towards the domains hosted free limit ?.

Excuse the stupid questions.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The free domain is available to all customers with a subscription account, and takes up one of your hosting 'slots' on your account.
glyndev
Grafter

Cheers Mand.
gary
Grafter

To clarify a couple of points and get things straight in my own mind.

1: Is this available to "ALL" customers with a paid account ?. OR is it paid account type specific ?. (Iam on BB Prem 1).

2: If I already have 5 domains hosted free on my account, would I have to move one away to take up this offer ?. Or would this offer not count towards the domains hosted free limit ?.

Excuse the stupid questions.

Hey There,

This is something I picked when testing. I specifically made sure that even if you have more than 5 domains or the hosting limit had been reached for said account the hosting would still be free because its not really a free domain if we charged for hosting.

Also picked up was the £5.99 fee which initially looked like we would charge this fee no matter when/if it was transferred out, this would also have made the domain not free so this was changed so that you only have to pay £5.99 if it is transferred out within a year.

Hope that clears things up for you and do enjoy your new domain ;-)

[edit: because I didn't mean to quote Mand]

Cheers,
glyndev
Grafter

Hang on conflict of statements here.

So is it as Gary says :

The free domain name "DOES NOT" count towards free domain hosting limit.

Or is it as Mand says :

The free domain name "DOES" count towards free domain hosting limit.

Sorry if I seem "SUPER" stupid, but I like to make sure that things are totally clear.
gary
Grafter

Hang on conflict of statements here.

So is it as Gary says :

The free domain name "DOES NOT" count towards free domain hosting limit.

Or is it as Mand says :

The free domain name "DOES" count towards free domain hosting limit.

Sorry if I seem "SUPER" stupid, but I like to make sure that things are totally clear.

Do you mean as in:-

1. If you have a limit of 5 free for hosting and you are at 4 and take the free one will the 6th domain cost you?

2. Or, if your limit is X, have X already hosted and take the free one will hosting be free?

If 1. Not sure - need to check (very good spot)
If 2. Yes, it was tested and works!