cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Upgrade "by the end of August"

N/A

Hi all,

For those of you (like me) who have been waiting for the free speed upgrade to 2Mb, I just phoned PN customer support and they reckon that they are going to endeavour to get *all Plusnet users* upgraded by the end of this month (August).

Keeping my fingers crossed..... Smiley
26 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Really? CS need an update last I heard Dave had spoken to BT and it would be ed of September.
N/A

Maybe somebody from PN could comment :?:
Julie
Grafter

Hi this is what Dave told us on page 5 of this thread
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31125

Hi,

We spoke to BT yesterday to get an update on the schedule, the latest information is that they expect the residential upgrades to be completed in September.

The information in the Usertools exchange checker is the latest published information that we have, we've asked for an updated schedule and once we receive it the checker will be updated.
N/A

This must be kismet or something - just got home, checked my router stats only to see a claim of 2mb down speed. Rebooted my router, run a couple of online speed tests to confirm and lo-and-behold it's true - I have 2mb service !

Speed is incredible - thank you PN and BT. Here's hoping everybody else gets theirs sooner rather than later....

Paul
N/A

I was contemplating paying the 14.99 today because I was sick of waiting. However when I got home much to my surprise my modem was showing my speed as 2.3 meg, well 2 meg really or te be precise somewhere between 1.8 to 1.9 meg on average.

Finally after months of waiting it happened at last. To all of those of you who have been waiting since April like me, be patient it will happen. Although I wonder whether all the posts on the forums this week put Plus under pressure to give BT a good kicking? Cheesy
N/A

OK, just wondering if this includes all PN broadband customers, regardless of what package they are on currently? (I'm on the old ADSL Home Surf package).
N/A

DOH! - forget that - just read one of the stickys.
OK, so it sounds like the Home Surf packages have already been done, but BT are still regrading the lines and haven't done my exchange yet (they start in July....how lond does it take to do an exchange??)
Community Veteran

Dunno, i was down 4 april regrade complete today
N/A

I think the Chesterfield4 and one or two others who are known complainers will be at the back of this queue :roll:
N/A

got my 2Mb yesterday, was due April. :lol: :lol:
Community Veteran

At that rate then mine will come as a xmas present as the original date for my exchange was July Sad
Community Veteran

Knowing BT it wouldn't suprise me!

Edited to correct would for wouldn't
Julie
Grafter

At that rate then mine will come as a xmas present as the original date for my exchange was July Sad

Well mine was April and I'm still waiting... so Let's hope it's this Christmas e'h John :?
N/A

Edited to correct would for wouldn't

If you did the wouldn't is still there
I have for this room now!

no7olivier have you been drinking again Wink