Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Domain Names

wandelaar
Grafter

Free Domain Names

Hi,

I use the free domain name offered by +net and have done so for 2 yaers plus.

I currently connect via 'connect standard' using 64K ISDN. I am quite happy with +net, (but I wish they would move a bit quicker on the 128K ISDN service). (Oh yes, and get the portal up to speed.

Should ADSL ever become available to me (if BT ever get their quotas right) unlikely I am told, am I correct in thinking that by changing my tariff to ADSL I will lose the 'free' re-registration of my domain name and I will have to pay to renew it every 2 years? Will this also apply if I change to 128K ISDN?

Many thanks

Best regards

Dave
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Free Domain Names

> Hi,
>
> I use the free domain name offered by +net and have done so for 2 yaers plus.
>
> I currently connect via 'connect standard' using 64K ISDN. I am quite happy with +net, (but I wish they would move a bit quicker on the 128K ISDN service). (Oh yes, and get the portal up to speed.
>
> Should ADSL ever become available to me (if BT ever get their quotas right) unlikely I am told, am I correct in thinking that by changing my tariff to ADSL I will lose the 'free' re-registration of my domain name and I will have to pay to renew it every 2 years? Will this also apply if I change to 128K ISDN?
>
> Many thanks
>
>
> Best regards
>
> Dave
>

Hi Dave,

This will depend on the ADSL account you change to, some ADSL accounts do come with a free domain and as such your domain would remain free if you chose one of these accounts. A full list of what is available with each account can be found under the products link above.

The 128k ISDN product is still under development and at this stage I cannot say whether a free domain will be included however we will have more details on this soon.

--
Regards,
Rob

| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

wandelaar
Grafter

Many thanks for the info Rob.

Believe it or not 128K ISDN would probably be preferable for me due to work commitments (the dreaded 24/7 standby one week in four for which the 'second' phone number is very useful).

However, obviously ADSL should prove somewhat quicker... If BT ever enable my exchange...Hmmm...

I do hope that I can continue the 'free domain name registration' with 128K ISDN... (Pretty Please)... obviiously for a reasonable price... As are most net products.

Many thanks again..

Hope 128K ISDN is not too far away.

Dave.

N/A

HI Dave,

We hope to make an announcement on our portal regarding 128K ISDN access soon. We continue to work on this and should have more news for you in the very near future. Please keep an eye on our portal for more updates regarding 128K ISDN access.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Hi,
>
> I use the free domain name offered by +net and have done so for 2 yaers plus.
>
> I currently connect via 'connect standard' using 64K ISDN. I am quite happy with +net, (but I wish they would move a bit quicker on the 128K ISDN service). (Oh yes, and get the portal up to speed.
>
> Should ADSL ever become available to me (if BT ever get their quotas right) unlikely I am told, am I correct in thinking that by changing my tariff to ADSL I will lose the 'free' re-registration of my domain name and I will have to pay to renew it every 2 years? Will this also apply if I change to 128K ISDN?
>
> Many thanks
>
>
> Best regards
>
> Dave
>

128k ISDN would be much appreciated in my neck of the woods, due to lack of ADSL because BT don't think you need it if no-one who lives near you needs it. Too much bureaucracy in BT.
N/A

>
> 128k ISDN would be much appreciated in my neck of the woods, due to lack of ADSL because BT don't think you need it if no-one who lives near you needs it. Too much bureaucracy in BT.

Hi Jamie,

As stated above, we do hope to make an announcement regarding 128K ISDN access soon. We continue to work towards this and should have more news for you shortly. Please keep an eye on our portal for more updates regarding 128K ISDN access.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----