cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 2Mb upgrade.

N/A

Free 2Mb upgrade.

Is anybody else still waiting for their free 2Mb upgrade.

I must admit that I'm considering moving to another ISP to get a faster service.
I was only really staying with plusnet because of the hassle of moving my web site, but now I've got to re-work it anyway, because of the cgi changes, that is no longer an issue.

The last time I uses the cumbersome ticket system, I was told I would get a free immediate upgrade, then that I wouldn't but would be upgraded automatically towards the end of August, begining of September. It never happened.

I've been a F2S user for several years, with no problems, I might move my account there. Can anybody else suggest a good ISP.

Stuart
29 REPLIES
N/A

Free 2Mb upgrade.

I only got the 1Mb upgrade. To upgrade to 2Mb, Plusnet want to charge me £14.99. Also the cost for new customers are much lower established customers like me. I am paying £18.99 to receive 1Mb. I have just canceled my account and will be moving on. The customer ticket system is a right pain and they never manage to resolve anything for me. I had to wait on the phone to resolve my issues. I think if you not happy with Plusnet, you should vote with your feet.
N/A

Free 2Mb upgrade.

Hi stubaby have you tried the compare function on adslguide.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp

The forums there are also good for checking out each most isps.
Zen seems to be the favourite at the moment but as with most things in life it depends on your individual needs.

Hope this helps.

New to broadband but got connected straight away at 2meg.
N/A

Free 2Mb upgrade.

Just wanted to say "Me too..."

I have been waiting months for this free speed upgrade and now I'm really fed up with waiting. Especially when moving to another ISP will give me an automatic free speed upgrade - so what's the point in staying?

I kept thinking maybe it will happen next week, but now I'm close to giving up.

By the way, I know it's not all PlusNet's fault, but if they can't get something back from BT when they apparently paid for these upgrades then something's wrong. I'm also on a major exchange (NDASF) this shouldn't be taking so long.

And since PlusNet don't give us any updates I'm really feeling let down.

Simon. Sad
N/A

Free 2Mb upgrade.

just a quick note to you guys that have not been upgraded yet,

make sure that you diconnect then reconnect your router every day to check your sync speed hasn't increased because a reboot is the only way to tell that you have been upgraded, sorry to state the obvious but i didn't realize i'd been upgraded till my machine crashed, when i restarted it hey presto 2Mb, wonder how many days i missed out on
N/A

Free 2Mb upgrade.

I've been waiting so long I've put it in my sig.
N/A

Free 2Mb upgrade.

While it always feels great to get something for nothing Cheesy since getting my free upgrade from 512 to 2mb I have struggled to fully utilise my increased connection speed. I do very little downloading and surfing the web is no quicker.

Anyone any suggestions on how to use my extra bandwidth? I did consider getting a wireless router and allowing my neighbours to share the connection (for a small feee of course :twisted: )
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Free 2Mb upgrade.

As you all know by now we placed a bulk regrade for all our customers to be upgraded up to 2MB earlier this year.

Since then thousands of our customers have been upgraded under this scheme, however this was a massive order so will take some more time for everyone to be done.
N/A

Free 2Mb upgrade.

1)It's now end of September and we were told it would be finished ages ago.
2) If we move ISP then we get the upgrade for free..
3) If we stay then we'll just be kept waiting, and I'm fed up now!!

Even though we understand some of the reasons, it's pretty unacceptable to tell customers to just keep waiting. At some point (i.e. now) people get fed up and want to leave.

If I was PlusNet I'd pay for the remaining upgrades. Then I'd complain to Oftel and try and use that to leverage back the cost of the upgrades from BT.

Are you going to be slaves to BT forever?!

Simon.
N/A

Free 2Mb upgrade.

Im the same stubaby. Was told Aug05 and so far nothing. If and when I get my upgrade I expect it to be 1mb only - got a funny feeling my line wont support any higher, thanks to the way BT (or whoever) wired my estate to the exchange, even thought its well within 2km of it.
MrToast
Grafter

Re: Free 2Mb upgrade.

... I was told I would get a free immediate upgrade, then that I wouldn't but would be upgraded automatically towards the end of August, begining of September. It never happened.

Never say never... its not over yet.

If its any consolation / indication I was down for June in the initial plan then revised to July. With no further news I was actually upgraded mid September.

The dates come from BT of course.

You could get an immediate upgrade for a fee (if its possible on your line).

I'd be sure to checkout if migrating to another ISP automaticaly gets you regraded immediately. If 2Mbps is important to you you only have to decide if migration is worth the hassle to save £14.99 or a wait.
N/A

Re: Free 2Mb upgrade.

I'd be sure to checkout if migrating to another ISP automaticaly gets you regraded immediately. If 2Mbps is important to you you only have to decide if migration is worth the hassle to save £14.99 or a wait.

Seriously contemplating this now, especially since both my referrals have already migrated out.
N/A

Free 2Mb upgrade.

Still waiting too and mine should have been April 05
N/A

Free 2Mb upgrade.

-> Rocksoft Aren't you on the Boston exchange too?
N/A

Free 2Mb upgrade.

I got mine at the end of august, then it was taken back after a few days, now I'm due to be upgraded again in the next week or so :?