Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum key problems

chymorva
Grafter

Forum key problems

Is it just me, or is there a problem with the forum key ? Sad
The new posts symbols seem to be sporadic. Sometimes when I enter the forum they are indicating correctly which have new posts since my last visit. I will then look at a post and when I go back to the index ALL the symbols have changed to already read (white instead of orange). :?
I have been very careful not to go anywhere near the "Mark all topics read".
8 REPLIES
N/A

Forum key problems

yeah its happend to me a few times too.
Community Veteran

Forum key problems

You can easily confuse the system if you click twice on the link to the forums.
The way it seems to work is that if you exit and come straight back then you get a "Clean Start" and there will be no posts marked as unread.

I have found that if I click more than once on the "Discussion forums link" it seems to have this effect. :?

The answer is to be patient and give the forum time to open and dont be tempted to click again on the link icon.
chymorva
Grafter

Forum key problems

John,
I tried being very deliberate this time.
4 new topics showing - clicked on main text of 1st one - OK
Clicked "Customer Feedback" at bottom to return to index (Just visited topic had changed to white others still showing orange) - OK
Clicked little symbol to show latest posts of next topic - page changed to topic but all posts white. Sad
Clicked "Customer Feedback" at bottom to return to index - all topics now changed to white :?
Rather frustrating as now I have to look at dates to see what I've not yet read (which is why the key was put in place)
Any other suggestions ?
LiamM
Grafter

Forum key problems

I must say, I too have had some similar problems, and I have a direct link to the forums from my browser. Has happened a few times, tis rather frustrating and I'm almost certain it's not because of anything I have done.
chymorva
Grafter

Forum key problems

Thanks Liam, glad to know it's not just me doing something silly Smiley
holdtight
Grafter

Forum key problems

Yep me too ! not all the time just sort of random, very annoying !
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Forum key problems

I've seen this once myself, try enabling auto-login (under connection settings) and see if that makes a difference.
chymorva
Grafter

Forum key problems

Thanks for the suggestion Dave, but I've had auto-login enabled for about 3 1/2 years now Wink