cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum System/Layout

N/A

Forum System/Layout

I'm not a regular user of these Plus.net forum boards, but having been stuck here in the past 48 hrs, I'd like to suggest a few changes that might help make these boards more usable.

My first criticism is the way that topic threads get buried so quickly by new threads. That means popular threads can quickly disappear. Why not implement a system, where popular threads remain at the top of the topic list, in that way, it also means that people aren't reposting a topic just to keep it from being erased.

Also, the reply system tends to position replies after the post that is replied to. This means that new replies to older posts in a thread may get missed, why not put all posts in chronological order so we know immediately which posts are new and which posts have been read already.

Last but not least, the total number of kept topic threads should be increased. Whether its because Plus.Net prefer to keep their hands clean of dirty laundery or theres a lack of storage space, I think that all forum users should be able to refer to archive topics.

Thats all, and my ADSL is working fine for now.

Cheers.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Forum System/Layout

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the forums, which I will pass on for you. Many 'customer ideas' become portal features, so keep an eye on our portal and you may see your ideas become features.

I will pass you comments on to our Portal Development Team, who will consider your suggestion.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: Forum System/Layout

Cheers

> Hi Lee,
>
> Thank you for your feedback regarding the forums, which I will pass on for you. Many 'customer ideas' become portal features, so keep an eye on our portal and you may see your ideas become features.
>
> I will pass you comments on to our Portal Development Team, who will consider your suggestion.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave
>
> --
> | David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----