cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Changes Discussion

Community Veteran

Forum Changes Discussion

As you may have noticed, the Forum Moderators after much discussion have made some alterations to the forums.

We've merged a few forums and altered the order of some of them to help increase accesibilty.

The changes are as follows -

The Ideas Forum has been removed. It was clear this forum was causing confusion as to its purpose and was not adding any real benefits to the community.

The Tutorials Forum has also gone. This is after serveral months discussion between the Forum Moderators and Tutorials Team. All tutorials are still available to read over in usertools.plus.net/tutorials

The Broadband Help Forum has moved up a section in the orderings, to make it more prominent.

A few other forums have had some minor changes, mainly in ordering and some minor changes to forum descriptions.

We are still looking into some further enchancements of the forums and the moderators welcome your feedback on these changes in this thread.
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Forum Changes Discussion

Why has the Service Status Forum been moved to the very bottom of the board?
Community Veteran

Forum Changes Discussion

The amount of posts people read in it are very low. Ideally we would remove it but it might break PlusNet's service status posting tool Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Forum Changes Discussion

I can see the point of removing the tutorials themselves from the forums and instead directing people to Usertools, but where are we supposed discuss or comment upon the tutorials?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Forum Changes Discussion

The plan is eventually as the tutorials are updated link back to relevent forums for discussion so for example the phpbb tutorial will have a link to the Webspace help forum.

Around 90% of the traffic for the tutorials already goes to the ones on usertools so at the moment its not a major issue.
Community Veteran

Forum Changes Discussion

The tutorials are common to all the vISPs. Linking back to the forums means comments will be fragmented.

I wonder if it would be done better through the Usergroup forums which are shared.
Community Veteran

Forum Changes Discussion

One thing I've also noticed is that the annoying BT OpenZone (or whatever it was) logo has now vanished from the forum homepage - looks much better without it!

Thomas
Community Veteran

Forum Changes Discussion

Shhh... If Plusnet notice they'll insist it's put back because of the agreement with BT. Wink
N/A

Forum Changes Discussion

Must say I preferred the server status feeds forum up near the top. It was much easier to see at a glance of any issues that were occurring rather than having to scroll down.
N/A

Re: Forum Changes Discussion

The Ideas Forum has been removed. It was clear this forum was causing confusion as to its purpose and was not adding any real benefits to the community.

Why not clear up the confusion instead?
Where can we go to propose ideas in a way that has some traceabilty as to whether they are accepted or not? Surely not in Community Support?
There does seem to have been a lot less interest from PN recently, though.

All rather a shame.
Community Veteran

Forum Changes Discussion

I agree it is a shame, but the point is the ideas forum went on for too long without any ideas being accepted and even longer before they where actioned and go live.

The usergroup are, I believe looking into ways in which they can home ideas from all VISPs, but in the mean time there is nothing stopping the PlusNet Comms Team from finding good ideas in the other forums and raising through thier internal process.
___oDiN__
Grafter

Forum Changes Discussion

forums will probably follow usenet as un needed and bw and resource hogs
N/A

Forum Changes Discussion

A forum spellchecker would be nice, or even better a new all singing all dancing new instalation of a new and better forum like smf
Cheesy
http://www.simplemachines.org/
kosh2
Grafter

Forum Changes Discussion

forums will probably follow usenet as un needed and bw and resource hogs

That was my thought as well. The excessive traffic on the forum due to the cancellation of usenet has led to spool 5 overloading. They could buy a new spool but that would mean they would have to read the comments from disgruntled users.
Community Veteran

Forum Changes Discussion

Can we please keep this thread on topic.