cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Bug?!?

Community Veteran

Forum Bug?!?

This is something very trival and minor to do with the forum but if you go to the bottom of the main forum page and click on the username of the newest registered user its usually someone who registered years ago!
10 REPLIES
N/A

Forum Bug?!?

Hi there.

Not necessarily. The account might be from 2002 but the user, in that time ,may never have visited the forums. The newest registered user refers to visitors to the forum and does not reflect a new sign up.

Hope that makes sense.
Community Veteran

Forum Bug?!?

ah right, i always thought the number of registered users reflected the number of people who were members of PN
Community Veteran

Forum Bug?!?

No because of the way it's all set up your forum account is only created the first time you visit the forums. But the join date is your join date to PN not the forums...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Forum Bug?!?

So the question really is (based on the latest new user I've just looked at), why are some people Plusnet Users for over three years without ever visiting the forums? Do they need more publicity?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Forum Bug?!?

I think that most punters never visit any sort of forum, thats just the way it is and with these boards many only pop in when they have a problem or concern.

When the forums were highlighted from the member centre home page, there wasnt that big an increase in the levels of members and what increase there was could possibly be attributed to the relevant issues at that time.

Publicising the forums is not a bad idea, but due to the way most people use the Net, I feel that only a small proportion of the customer base would ever contribute.

There are also many punters who just sit on the sidelines and observe.
JonathanW
Grafter

Forum Bug?!?

Its more a case of not everyone wanting to visit the forums. The majority of people who signup have either no need or desire to come here. Some either prefer usenet, or simply don't wish to participate in forums.
N/A

Oh dear

I never look to be honest. I'm more bemused by the fact that the time on the boards is clearly still set to BST...
Community Veteran

Forum Bug?!?

Nah; it's your profile that's set to BST. You need to change it to GMT. everythings showing fine here...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Forum Bug?!?

ske1fr look at http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35116
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Thank you!

Thank you chaps, I had to do this on some systems but I didn't realise this board wouldn't compensate.

I can tell you that the future is greatly overrated. And still no flying cars. Just a lot of screaming.