cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Announcements

N/A

Forum Announcements

Recent posting: After discussion amonst the Forum Moderators and PlusNet Comms Team it has been decided that all Important Annocements will now be made in the Announcements/Service Updates Forum This will free up the Customer Feedback Forum for discussion / support and feedback only.

To improve clarity, can I suggest that Announcements are made in a separate forum from Service Updates. Service updates are frequent and may cause announcements to get "lost" in the flurry of postings.

Is it also possible to subscribe to announcements?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Forum Announcements

Hi there,

I do appreciate where you are coming from, however we were faced with a difficulty whereby the Feedback Forum was becoming cluttered with "stickied" announcements. At one point there were 7 such announcements.

It was felt, that in the interests of efficiency and tidyness, that these posts be moved to the announcement section.

Whilst the ability to receive an email when a Service Status announcement is made is available, I am not sure if this includes Product or Feedback Announcements now. I will find out and post back.
Community Veteran

Forum Announcements

Hi Mark.

The OP has asked about a seperate forum section for "Announcements" as well as emial notification for them. I would concur that this would be a much better way than has recently been addopted! (Personally I would prefer seperate RSS feed than email though).
The Forum Index doesn't need to change, ie: the "Announcements/Service Updates" section is fine. But could we not then have a sub-section within it splitting these into two :- "Announcements" and "Service Updates" ?

Cheers. Wink
N/A

Forum Announcements

But could we not then have a sub-section within it splitting these into two :- "Announcements" and "Service Updates" ?

Fair comment. Unfortunately I dont know the answer to that or even if it is possible, but I will ask and post back.
Community Veteran

Forum Announcements

It's not possible using the current version of phpBB unless the PN guys want to develop it :razz:

I belive it may be posible in the future with version 3 though?

Just something I've always wondered, (sorry it's slightly off topic) the version of phpBB used here is heavily modified as such is it kept up to date with the latest releases and will we get phpBB3 when they realease it?

I would like to see seperate sections for forum announcements (i.e. those that would previously have been stickied here) and service status ones.

Also an RSS feed for the forums would be Awesome (hint, hint)