cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formal Complaint Process?

N/A

How would I go about making a formal complaint?
PlusNet said via a ticket they would refund me over the unacceptable situation I'm currently in, but after me replying a week later that I'd had enough and that I'd handed my MAC to another ISP, and that I would like them to discuss the refunding, they've completely blanked me.
And after I've submitted a formal complaint what would be the next step? I don't intend on letting them take a months payment for a month of a dire near-unusable service.
Ta
26 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Looking at your account I can see that you were advised that we would consider a refund to you on resolution of the fault.

You did not allow us to resolve the fault.

Our Code of Practice outlines our formal complaints procedure here :

http://portal.plus.net/support/customer_service/codeofpractice.shtml
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

There isn't a formal complaints procedure - Not unless you hunt down some official agency - Trading standards, Ofcom etc.

You could ring them... Oh wait!, they'll ask you to do it through the website!

Face it, PN don't want to know. They want the money but they don't want to give you anything for it.

If your really determined to upset them, cancel your direct debit - OR ring your bank and tell them you lost your card (if paying by card - then the bank will instantly cancel the one PN draw funds from). NOTE: if you don't report the card as lost, the bank will tell you they can't do anything about it.

Incidentally I've just finished a phone call to PN (Options: 4,3,1 to actually talk to a human - you'll have a long wait though). Completely unhelpful, refused top let me talk to a manager, insisted that everything is solved via tickets blah, blah, blah, blah. When I went silent for 2 seconds to think about my response the bloke said "I've helped in every way possible now I'm going to answer other calls" and hung up on me.

DISGUSTING SERVICE.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

You've had over a MONTH to solve the fault, you didn't. And now I know why. Because I ordered a MAC, you deliberately decided NOT to fix the fault, so if I migrated, you wouldn't have to pay up? Does that seem at all fair to you?
What a vile attitude PlusNet have. Don't expect this to be dropped. Now again, tell me how I make a formal complaint?
N/A

Liam did give you a link where you can find the required information, but I have gone to the trouble of copying it below for you.

Complaint Resolution
Whilst we aim to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction, we acknowledge that from time to time problems do occur. We are committed to ensuring that every effort is made to resolve any difficulties quickly and to your satisfaction. However, in the unlikely event that you feel your issue needs to be escalated, we ask you to provide our Customer Service Director with details of your issue in writing. This allows the opportunity to fully investigate your case, ensuring that an appropriate, informed decision is taken.

Our Head Office address is as follows:

Customer Services Director
PlusNet
Internet House
2 Internet House
Sheffield
S1 4BY

If after utilising the support methods detailed above you remain dissatisfied, then you have the option of independent adjudication via referral to our Dispute Resolution Scheme.

As a member of the Internet Service Provider Association (ISPA), PlusNet utilises the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) provided by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators for ISPA members, which is supported by Ofcom.

Should you wish to refer your issue for the independent consideration of CISAS, then the agency contact details are as follows:

Via their website:
http://www.arbitrators.org/cisas

By Post:
CISAS
C/o The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
12 Bloomsbury Square
London
WC1A 2LP

By Telephone:
020 7421 7444

Please refer to us as PlusNet plc in any correspondence with CISAS.

Should you wish to contact Ofcom direct, then the contact details are as follows:

Via their website:
http://www.ofcom.org.uk

By Post:
Ofcom Contact Centre
Riverside House
2A Southwark Bridge Road
London
SE1 9HA

By Telephone:
0845 456 3000 or 020 7981 3040

By Fax:
0845 456 3333

Alternatively, you may wish to contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Liam pointed you to the page which contains a section on Complaint Resolution. I honestly don't know what else he could say.

There is a post here that may help (it does also refer to the same page).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Liam
Grafter

And now I know why. Because I ordered a MAC, you deliberately decided NOT to fix the fault, so if I migrated, you wouldn't have to pay up?

This could not be further from the case. If anything, your request for a MAC should prompt our support team to work harder to trying to fix the fault.

As you'll see from the tickets, though, this was escalated to a very high level within our LLU supplier. We cannot investigate a fault, or raise one with our suppliers, when a migration order is currently ongoing.
N/A

The ticket for my fault was open 14 DAYS before I was given a MAC. I have only given my MAC to another ISP 8 days ago.
You've had 3 weeks in which to fix my fault. And I bet PlusNet have capped my speed. It's clear PN are just penny pinching and taking £22 for a month of 160kbps because they can.
Does that seem fair?
Oh, and who do you think you're kidding saying;
'If anything, your request for a MAC should prompt our support team to work harder to trying to fix the fault.'?
It does NOT prompt your team to work harder. Because the proof is in the pudding, and there jack shit help trying to fix my problem, just 15 tickets of pathetic grovelling, saying the same thing 'We're sorry but it's not our fault'.
Remember me and all the others you rip off when you all lose your dead end jobs.
Liam
Grafter

With due respect I am not here, and nor are our support team, to receive and deal with abuse.

I've nothing further to say on this issue. You have all the information you asked for.
N/A

Oooohhhhh...Hark at you, I touch a nerve Wink
Funny how you bunch always seem to reply in a mildly threatening or sarcastic manner, and don't like people to tell you what's what in reply
Chin up, wipe them there tears Cry
Community Veteran

Poor Liam, can't handle the truth at what an appalling company he works for.

Liam, go work for another ISP before PlusNet destroy your career chances and your CV. Otherwise your going to be in the dole queue sometime soon because we're not going to support your wages much longer.

We're all fleeing - Read these forums - Everyone is jumping ship. The SS Plusnet is sinking faster than the Titanic.
Community Veteran

@okrzynska

With all due respect to yourself, I believe that the problem is between machina777 and plusnet and nobody else.

If you are experiencing a fault with your DSL connection then I would urge you to raise a ticket and give them a chance to resolve the issue.

It does sometimes seem to take an age to find a fault, and it'll always be the smallest type of fault that causes the problems, for example earthing problems, a jumper not fitted correctly, crossed line, it could be any number of problems.. it's just a case of which one!

It seems in the case of Machina777 that he was on LLU and it appeared to take longer than usual to resolve a fault.
I do have to side with machina777 and admit that 3 weeks for the majority of us would be unacceptable and I certainly would be frustrated as he certainly appears to be.

Whilst constructive comments within a thread are always welcomed by the community, your post just serves to add fuel to the fire, plus I *perceive* your comments to Liam to be totally unjustified, and I would urge you to think carefully before posting again in a similar manner.

Treat others in the way you wish to be treated yourself.. it costs nothing to be nice Cheesy
N/A

you dont really need to go through any "formal complaints procedure , inform ofcom or anything else like that , imo a waste of time.
Simply work out how much you think you are owed by plusnet , get names of people you have dealt with (as they wont pass you on to a manager you only have that support persons name.) Then address one letter to the person you have been dealing with at plusnet saying they have 5 days to refund you , send the letter recorded. If nothing comes from this just use the small claims court. Let a judge decide.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If you go to court it will consider whether you have given the supplier sufficient time to remedy the situation. Plusnet would argue he has not and that they had stated that they would consider some form of compensation once the fault was fixed.

I'm sure Plusnet would win and the complainant would be severely out of pocket.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

@okrzynska

With all due respect to yourself, I believe that the problem is between machina777 and plusnet and nobody else.

Well in that case, email would be more appropriate than a public forum where anyone can and will comment.

If you are experiencing a fault with your DSL connection then I would urge you to raise a ticket and give them a chance to resolve the issue.

Since when has throttling to a speed worse than dial-up been a fault? - If it's done intentionally then it is not a fault. If you haven't noticed, this entire forum is full of complaints about plusnets speed reductions. Care to actually take a look??

It does sometimes seem to take an age to find a fault, and it'll always be the smallest type of fault that causes the problems, for example earthing problems, a jumper not fitted correctly, crossed line, it could be any number of problems.. it's just a case of which one!

Do you really think that transfer speeds could be affected by bad grounding or a jumper? - No offence, but please wake up and realise that plusnet are throttling everyones bandwidth.