Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force9 suck.......Go else where......these guys are amatures

N/A

Unlimited account!!!! Yeh right

Extras......with a catch

1k per second ona 2M connection....possibly the poorest ip in the UK..Time to contact tthe watchdogs...

Only way to have your voice heard is to move ip
22 REPLIES
N/A

Good luck!! I hope you find your ISP nirvana
N/A

hi Rednut
You never said what you were getting 1k per second with. Were you using a torrent client or just downloading a file from a site. One k per second is poor I agree , but torrents can download painfully slow sometimes. Also different sites have different download rates at different times of the day. To me 1k per second sounds like you have a fault somewhere. Anyway good luck.
LiamM
Grafter

Perhaps if you let us know what problems you are having, we can help?

Are you a Broadband Plus User trying P2P? If so, BB+ is not designed for P2P and you'll need to upgrade to Premier for better speeds.
N/A

Hmmmm OK maybe force9 aren't so bad....

I heard some customers were getting banned for bad mouthing force9 on the forums.....That to me would be a bigger insult than capping my useage....so you've passed the test.....I haven't been banned.

As I've said before us heavy users need to find a happy medium. Having a cap of 50-60% on p2p during peak times is fine by me....problem is lately everything is slower, web pages, driver downloads....And that's frustrating....

Also to me it would be fine to hault any viewing of my web pages when over 250M has been reached is fine but to delete the site and send a warning if this happens again your web space will be taken off you is a bit heavy handed.....I can't control how popular my web pages are....
N/A

Re: Hmmmm OK maybe force9 aren't so bad....

I heard some customers were getting banned for bad mouthing force9 on the forums.....That to me would be a bigger insult than capping my useage....so you've passed the test.....I haven't been banned.

as I understand it, the person(s) that have been banned were so for breaching the forum rules and attacking/insulting members of staff/moderators - definately not just for bad-mouthing F9 anyway.
N/A

I know nobody being banned for bad monthing force9.

I can't control how popular my web pages are....

Yes you can, F9 dont provider a hosting packages for huge popular web pages, if your site is busy, then move it to a Business Hosting Company, like for example 1 & 1
N/A

Force9 will do for me

Hi,

I've been a Force9 user for over 18 months first using dial-up, then 1mb broadband now 2mb broadband. In the time I've been a member, I have been treated with respect and courtesy whenever I have reported a problem. I have been kept up to date via emails of any tickets I had outstanding. The tech support is as good if not better than many other companies, contact times by phone are good and if you have to wait, you are always told how long. When I've asked for help I got it without any problems. I have no complaints, I'm a satisfied customer

John
N/A

Yep time to change.

F9 has one of the best technical support teams around. They are polite, knowledgeable and quick. It is a shame the rest of the package is so poor, the way they have gone about the implementation of these limits is ALL wrong.

Time for my MAC code.

D.
N/A

The package is ok .

if it was not for people hogging the networks all the time, there would be no need for half of these policies. F9 have to rely on BT's infrastructure to deliver services, and also remember that the internet comprises of not just one ISP but many more.

I have seen a lot worse services from other providers, and to be honest, I have had about 99% uptime with force9, which I am happy with. So long as I can maintain my sub 20 pings to servers for gaming, I will be happy Smiley
N/A

Hello again,

Just to add my pennies worth, just to show there are other happy users too, (the people who are unhappy & complain alot seem to shout the loudest) I have been a F9 PlusNet customer for over 5 years now & in all that time I can honestly say that despite big changes to the service I remain very happy with the consistency of the service (OK!! OK!! F9 are not angles nor far from perfect!!). But having looked at numerous other providors and yes! other providors who can offer much faster speeds too, the cost benefits just dont match up to F9. Other providor services are more costly & less feature rich.

**Plus I know when a true 4MB or 8MB service is launched in the future then I can rely on F9 to deliver a high quality product.

**Yes! I've had 94.11% uptime with F9 based on 12months stats. Oh! and thats on a machine that runs 24/7.

Ivan
N/A

Ok so I've repented a little from my original flare-up. You have to understand when I originally posted this message a friend told me to go to this website to see Beyonce in the buff and my browser couldn't get passed her forehead......30minutes I waited.....0.00001k per second............1 hour.......the suspense was too great.......then midnight passed and the page continued downloading......it wasn't Beyonce at all, it was her male dance partner...that's when I lost the place and started this thread.....

Seriously though I left eclipse to come to force9. I was with eclipse 1 year and had a 1/2M connection, no limits....force9 were £2 per month cheaper and offering 2M with CGI and mySQL and better web stat's (stop laughing now!) More web space and they generally appeared too good to be true....Ironically the wee wifey at eclipse mac dept said you know I don't know how force9 can afford to charge that price for that service........See knew something I didn't :?
N/A

I have to say as well, I have had a near perfect connection from f9 since 1999 (dial up and broadband); I have absolute no problems with force9, and if the SUP is for the benefit of the network, and the users of the network, then go for it! - You have 100% supports from me.
N/A

I've had a near perfect supply of electricity since 1972 but that wouldn't stop me from being unhappy if I got a letter from Scottish power telling me I use too much and will be limited to only have electricity off peak times! I can have one 10watt light bulb on in the evenings......and that's that!!

Imagine your energy company sent you a sob story that they have to spend on the infrastructure to help others because you are too greedy. Would you give a rats a$$? It's enough to make you want to have a wipe round in the pub to see if you can help the poor souls out.

The problem F9 have to address is 90% of users are just at the stage of occational downloads and a bit of email but most folk will sooner or later want streaming radio and more likely streaming tv.......a little F9 goodie two shoes will eventually want more......sure as there's content out there to be downloaded....
N/A

Hi rednut,

Humm!! still dont think the Scottish Power analogue is a good one, still doesnt compare a like for like service. After all the electricity supply actually is life and death in the real sense of the word, were as if I lost my internet connection I'd still have heating & lighting & hot water. (provided I still had power of course or provided I wasnt with Scottish Power!! :lol:

**My life doesnt revolve around "I download therefore I am?" or I live to download?? Please! do try and get out more!!? :roll: :roll: All this downloading cannot be good for you?

**I already have an excellent radio service on FM, LW & a wonderful radio set why would I actually want internet radio. Actually I have never found anything that good that was worth listening too on internet radio, all I ever found was utter junk and sound wallpaper, or adverts or aweful tasteless music Oh! I must be becoming a grumpy old man??

**Internet TV (TVip) will require a minimum of 4MB's before it will become a worthwhile reality so I've heard & that I can believe.

**As for being goody two shoes I dont think so, if you saw the size of my feet!! :lol:

Ivan