cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force9 speeding towards faster broadband

N/A

We are pleased to announce that up to 24Mb broadband speeds will be available before Christmas 2005. This is via a trial with Easynet based on their Local Loop Unbundled network which means we can offer the highest available speeds to customers in selected areas in the UK from December

Earlier in the year, we also took part in BT's IPStream Max trials which offered speeds of up to 8Mb to residential and business customers. From 30th November we will be providing these high speeds to customers in more than 25 exchanges across Greater London, Strathclyde, South Glamorgan, Cornwall and Northern Ireland. Several thousand existing PlusNet customers will receive free speed upgrades as soon as their exchange is upgraded.

PlusNet broadband services at speeds of up to 8Mb are available from just £14.99 per month. Pricing and availability for speeds up to 24Mb will be available in the next few weeks.

This further shows our commitment to deliver high speed broadband to our customers
35 REPLIES
N/A

That sounds good, what exchanges in strathclyde are enabled.

J.
N/A

This is the list and we expect this list to grow to 50 exchanges by Jan and upto 150 by Feb

Bangor (NI)
Belfast Balmoral
Belfast City
Chiswick
Connel
Dalmally
Earls Court
East Kilbride
Glasgow Cambuslang
Greengairs
Harlesden
Harrow
Helensburgh
Kensington Gardens
Kimarnock
Langside
Llandaff
Llanishen
Lochgoilhead
Ochiltree
Radyr Glam
Rhoose
South Kensington
St Ives (Cornwall)
West Kensington
N/A

Ahemmm!!

Hi,

Yes!! well Ahemmm!! call me cynical but nothing has been said about everyone else North of Watford Gap, or Leeds, or Sheffield and the rest of the Yorkshire regions. What about everyone else NOT mentioned in the above areas, what time scale will there be for these products and locations.

**I wish F9 Plusnet would stop saying a 4/8 MB service is availble now when its clearly NOT the case. OK give a precise date for a launch of this kind of service fine but stop saying its available now when its not. This kind of wording is highly misleading IMO.

Ivan
N/A

Hi There

It does state that pricing is available and the products will follow as we have discussed the pricing at the moment also reflects the fact that you get a higher SUP level, a faster upgrade and a free upgrade.

The details of the north of england, incidentally where we are based and I live Smiley will be available as soon as we have them.
N/A

YES! Helensburgh is on the list!!!1

Jeremy!
N/A

Hi,

We are also on the list for the Trial of 8mb MAXDSL, How can users get onto this trial for f9?

Jeremy.
N/A

At the moment I do not have the exact details but it is likely that with the last BT trial they will select a number of users, we will of course push to try and ensure that as many of our customers can get the speeds as possible.

Regards,

--
|Stewart Norriss Broadband Solutions for
|Comms Team Leader Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc. www.plus.net
+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to Internet! -----
David_W
Rising Star

St Ives (Cornwall)

Thats just across the bay from me, so is that St Ives area? As in Hayle exchange also, or just St Ives itself? Any why St Ives, horrible place full of sea guls :twisted:
N/A

This is the list and we expect this list to grow to 50 exchanges by Jan and upto 150 by Feb

Bangor (NI)
Belfast Balmoral
Belfast City
Chiswick
Connel
Dalmally
Earls Court
East Kilbride
Glasgow Cambuslang
Greengairs
Harlesden
Harrow
Helensburgh
Kensington Gardens
Kimarnock
Langside
Llandaff
Llanishen
Lochgoilhead
Ochiltree
Radyr Glam
Rhoose
South Kensington
St Ives (Cornwall)
West Kensington

Is this the list for MAXDSL or LLU via easynet? - Can any one confirm.
N/A

Sounds good, but I won't be holding my breath.

If LLU comes to East Yorkshire as quick as Broadband did, then I'll expect a connection around 2011. :shock:
Community Veteran

Hi,
the lists of MAXDsl and LLU exchanges can be found at http://www.samknows.com/broadband/llu-league.php

What I want to know however is can I finally get a wires only xDSL connection and not have a BT land line and phone number or will I still need the BT line and rental charges?

Regards,
Andrew D Wiles
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
N/A

Hi stewartnorriss,

Thanks for your comments and reply, but as with most of these kinds of announcements I wont be holding my breath from past experience. But any updates on exchanges in the north of the country including yorkshire would be much appreciated.

**By the way can I just check with you is that 24MB you mentioned before just over ordinary domestic copper wires (ordinary BT phone lines)??

Ivan
N/A

Hi stewartnorriss,

Thanks for your comments and reply, but as with most of these kinds of announcements I wont be holding my breath from past experience. But any updates on exchanges in the north of the country including yorkshire would be much appreciated.

**By the way can I just check with you is that 24MB you mentioned before just over ordinary domestic copper wires (ordinary BT phone lines)??

Ivan

I try and answer you last qustion, the last leg of your line is leased to the LLU, so your line does not change, so the answer to your question, i think, would be yes!

Dont quote me on this.
N/A

Hi,
the lists of MAXDsl and LLU exchanges can be found at http://www.samknows.com/broadband/llu-league.php

Hello,

I know samknows.com has present LLU/MaxDSL however, were is a list of new exchanges being done over the next, say 6 months?

Talk Later. J.