cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force9 or Plusnet?

N/A

Force9 or Plusnet?

Ok...I've got all confused...

What's the difference between Force9 and Plusnet...and who uses which "fat-pipes"?
5 REPLIES
elton
Grafter

RE: Force9 or Plusnet?

> Ok...I've got all confused...
>
> What's the difference between Force9 and Plusnet...and who uses which "fat-pipes"?

Try searching the forum and you'll find the answer.
--
Skonko!
N/A

I prefer the design of the f9 portal to the Plusnet version, but the Free-online one is better than both. Apart from the number of forun postings, that seems to be the only difference. It all depends on what colours you like.

KeithC
N/A

From what i've gathered, and can rember...

Force 9 was the orgianl ISP, Plus net came in with monney to the guys that ran force 9, the plus net we know was created, but force 9 was an established name, and is mainted for contiuity and business reasons, as far as i can tell...

hope this helps.

if its wrong, i've very confused... Tongue
--
Turtel
PHP because ASP is for WEANIES
http://www.turtels.cjb.net
N/A

> if its wrong, i've very confused... Tongue

Good Afternoon,

Not entirely right, but close. The short version is below :-)

Force9 was the original company name, setup under a company known as Choice Peripherals. Insight bought Choice and aquired Force9 without knowing it. Force9 moved to Sheffield from Worksop and the company name changed to PlusNet, however the branding of Force9 was retained. The brand Plus.Net was launched June 2000 to coincide with the launch of Surftime.

In answer to the technical query.

We originally had a 34Mb pipe when ADSL was launched in September 2000 and carried traffic for all of our vISPs, this lasted us until April this year when it was superceded by the first 155Mb pipe. The 34Mb pipe terminates in Sheffield, both 155Mb pipes terminate in our data suite in Telehouse (London) When we first started experiencing problems with the 155 pipe not functioning to spec then we moved all Force9 customers across to the 34MB pipe.

I hope that this answers your queries.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

Riiiiiiight...that's cleared that up for me!

Ta very much!