cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force9 is hell for gamers..

N/A

Hiya all..

Force9 is complete hell for online gamers (like myself) now. Before, it was fine, fantastic infact, but now it is terrible.

Ever since the new "peak-usage limits" went on, it has been a pain. The only time I get is between 4pm - 12pm to play online games (or even use the internet infact). I am currently on "Level 2" usage limits, and In havnt even downloaded 4gb yet! Its rediculous, I download that much just surfing the net for Christ's sake!!

Every online game I play now I experience high pings and a lot of lagging.

As soon as my 12 month contract is over, I am leaving to find another ISP that has a "fairer" usage policy.
21 REPLIES
N/A

It's hell for evryone! LOL
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

If you are going to be using 4GB at peak then the best suggestion I can make is to upgrade, I presume you are on Broadband Plus if you're on Level 2 management with that usage, if so I would suggest that you are going to be better off upgrading to Premier.

Our account types are designed with a certain amount of peak time usage, if you are going to be using more than what it is designed for then that is when we apply the different levels of management. With Broadband Plus the £14.99 subscription buys 3GB of peak time usage and a further 1.5GB as it steps through Level 1 and Level 2 management before reaching Level 3.

Off peak usage isn't counted towards this, but if it's a higher peak time amount that you need then as I said above I would say to upgrade.
N/A

I dont want to upgrade though..

I joined becaue this account was UNLIMITED and was cheap. I dont have money to upgrade and nor do I want to.

I still think it is fkin rediculas, and I am going to be leaving when my 12 month contract is over.. (Unless something is worked out).
David_W
Rising Star

Let me get this straight. You are using a package beyond its specifications (broadband light, like beer), and complain that because you are using it more than the specification you are being limited?

For a couple of quid more you can have the Premier package and 15GB a month (peak rate)! As you dont want to spend much more money, I'll show you your options:

EFH Broadband

Usage (You want more than 2GB, so be the 15GB) a month (F9 is 15GB peak rate)
Fee £18.99 per month + £1 per GB over the 15GB limit
50:1 contention ratio (F9 is 30:1 contention on Premier = better game play)
10 Email accounts (Unlimited on F9)
£12.98 to migrate to them.

Plusnet

Premier up to 8MB
Cost £21.99 per month - the 2nd cheapest package on uswitch.com

All the "Cheaper" ones, like the package you are on, are capped at 2-3GB TOTAL per month. Usually that means if you go over, they throw you off their network.

If you want the service you desire, you are going to have to pay for it, going onto the premier is your cheapest choice basically.
N/A

Missed his point when he joined it was UNlimited and now all because they decided to chcnage people have to suffer. I wonder how many customer's F9 have lost over the past couple of months because off this.
N/A

I joined becaue this account was UNLIMITED

This crops up time and time again and I am sorry to have to disagree with you.

Plusnet PLC, right across the board, have not offered or sold an Unlimited Account since the latter end of 2004.

Some customers, in fact many, may have perceived or assumed that certain accounts were unlimited, but they werent.

I fully admit and acknowledge that the wording for the BB+ accounts at one point, left a lot to be desired, but they were still not unlimited.

Point in fact. Look at the time line from the original Bad Boy pipe escapade and the various re incarnations of that policy from November 2004. That signalled the end of Unlimited Broadband for the entire PlusNet community.

They have been careful not to use that word since then. It bit them once, they made sure it wouldnt bite them again.
N/A

When i joined Force9 almost 1 year ago i had according to the screens in front off me UNLIMITED download usage if i had forseen that they was to change it or had any doubts it isn't UNLIMITED i would not have signed up. When something tells me whether it be on a piece of paper or on a monitor that it is UNLIMITED i expect that to be just that. F9 to me seems to be losing here with alot of people unhappy with what they have done. I have the premier1 package which gives me 15gb peak usage i come on to find an email telling me i have gone over 12.7gb and i have had restrictions put on my account hmmm 15gb i pay for and only get 12.7 NICE ONE.
N/A

On looking at this response I would say it was scripted in favour of f9/plusnet, so are you are saying that there are no unlimited accounts?Huh
David_W
Rising Star

On looking at this response I would say it was scripted in favour of f9/plusnet, so are you are saying that there are no unlimited accounts?Huh

In theory no BB account is ever unlimited, you are limited by:

a) contention ratio
b) your own download limits (you cant physically download more than x GB a month even if you wanted to)
c) the PIE, or Pizza or something, its like Pizza Hut buffet, sure you can go up and order as many pizza slices as you like, but eventually there will be no Pizza left for anyone.

Does it "seem" like F9 are offering "unlimited!!" maybe, but its unlimited with a * at the end (unlimited within limits!!), it is silly, I've been on DSL with F9 since the day my exchange got enabled and I could get DSL, at that time I was paying about £30 or so a month, which was about £20 cheaper than my Dial Up with F9.

They upgraded me to 1MB for £14.99, and my fee went down to £21.99 per month, I'm now on 2MB, soon upto 8MB, for £30 cheaper than my old dial up, and £10 cheaper than my 512k line Wink
N/A

according to the screens in front off me

Fancy emailing those to me or posting up a link to them?

I would dearly love to see them.
N/A

Seems the plusnet man is getting annoyed :lol: good!!! u now know how we feel being raped by F9, lied to by F9 and treated like tw@ts by F9.

Fact is we did sign up to unlimited packages, if your webby said they were unlimited when we signed up when in fact they were not unlimited then...F9 deceived us, false advertising and very clever marketing to gain a customer base, the same customer base which is now very upset with the recent crap packages, restrictions, fair usage etc etc etc
N/A

if you don't think F9 are supplying the service to your satisfaction for service you are paying for then you don't need to stay for the 12 month contract, but you must prove where they are failing in their contractual duty to do this.

Why not go for the talk-talk package with free broadband, you'll get 40gb allowance each month, and your line rental and calls are all included.

I know quite a few people on it at the moment and none have had any complaints. I myself aren't on it yet, but get moved over in august.

and 40gb is enough for me and I don't mind spending £21 a month for line-rental, free calls 24/7 to all 01/02 numbers and 28 different countries + free broadband.

regards
mike
N/A

Talk talk are only good if you dont use P2P, file saving. Eclipse however has an excellent fair usage policy and are generally good, check them out.

My m8 got out of his plusnet account, claiming they were breaking T&C of his contract, moan enough(if you get through) and they will let you leave without the big payoff :idea: Maybe they want us to leave.....if they build up a big cash balance then the company(alleged takeover) would be worth more :lol: :lol:
N/A

sorry to say i have no problems with onetel/talktalk and p2p - i download at 110k on 1mb link without any issues, also other users that I know who are on talktalk are not experiencing any problems with p2p either

when i was with f9 I could barely reach high download speeds, with most topping at 20k

regards
mike