cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force9 back on top!

Blue_Banana
Dabbler

Force9 back on top!

In the F9 Product Announcements & Updates forum there is a post entitled Force9 back on top!

Before they shout too loud about one survey maybe they should look at this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/reports/internet/internet_20070321.shtml

The last two tables where the positioning is done on a proportional basis are the most representative.

No wonder there is no link to this survey from f9.

Hope this information helps those either looking for another ISP , it's helped me.
17 REPLIES
quelquod
Rising Star

Force9 back on top!

Since BT seems to have about 6% poorer ratings than F9 in this survey presumably we can look forwards to the service deteriorating a bit further so that PlusNet doesn't show up its new owners then.

Sigh! Sad
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
N/A

Force9 back on top!

No response from F9

Your silence is deafening

Come on F9
I think this survey is a true likeness of how F9 operates

Michael
Ps could it be since BT has taken over that morale is rock bottom?
astarsolutions
Grafter

Force9 back on top!

The BBC results are stupid, they order ISPs based on the number of votes casted, it doesn't take into account how many subscribers they have. The big names are going to come top because they have significantly more customers that the smaller ISP's hence more votes cast.

As an example BT are at the top of the satisfaction chart and number 3 in the dissatisfied chart.
The results as they stand mean nothing.

Ps could it be since BT has taken over that morale is rock bottom?

BT bought the parent company Plusnet, they haven't taken over anything.
Blue_Banana
Dabbler

Force9 back on top!

All surveys have their flaws but it is funny how f9 only published a link to the one that shows them in good light.

I merely posted a link to balance the views.

I have had ticket I openned on 23/07/2007 @ 2300hrs. I got a message via this forum from a f9 staff member telling me he had raised an internal ticket on 24/07/2007 @ 0820hrs.
Since then I have heard nothing.

Because the first ticket was about paid for usage on a payg account I raised a ticket for billing on 26/07/2007 @2244hrs. I got reply to this on 29/07/2007 @ 0538hrs telling me it had been sent to the network team on 27/07/2007 @ 1820hrs. It took f9 19 hours to pass a problem to someone else.

Because of this appalling service I have now requested my MAC code. My existing problems are not serious, I've never really had a serious problem with the service, except for the email fiasco. I have decided to leave before I have one and f9 can't be bothered to sort it in a timely and professional manner.

As an aside, I have the notify me when a reply is posted ticked yet I don't get any notification. Another failure, albeit small.
N/A

Force9 back on top!

It is logical to post a link promoting the company - it's called business! As for the BBC survey, I totally agree with the previous correspondent - it means nothing. You only have to look at the position of TalkTalk and this is the company that by it's own admission has had serious problems.
It looks as if you really posted this because you are cross with Plusnet and I can't say that I blame you - the ticket times are rather prolonged. However, I have never had any problems telephoning CS, particularly at times when they are quiet (I always check the statistics first), so this is always one solution, particularly as it is now a geographical number. I hope that you find a company that will give you satisfaction, although as you say, it is unfortunate as you have stated that your service has been decent in the past.
astarsolutions
Grafter

Force9 back on top!

I have seen a couple of postings recently where ticket replies are taking a long time because the ticket has been assigned to an individual member of staff; if they are then off for a couple of days no one else deals with it.
I haven't seen anything like this mentioned before so it seems like this is a new thing that isn't working very well.
Blue_Banana
Dabbler

Force9 back on top!

Cairns16,

I am annoyed with f9 but the real reason that I posted the link to the other survey was to try and balance the view. Many people looking for a new ISP look in the ISP forum for a general view form the user base. Tables 3 & 4 show the percentage of users from each supplier who are either happy or unhappy. In the case of Talk-Talk, over half are of their customers that answered the survey were unhappy.
I also know that statistically more disatisfied customers will fill in a survey than satisfied customers, thus skewing the figures further. Maybe we should all agree to disregard all surveys and just rely on our own experiences.

In response to your comment about calling at a quiet time, there is no point phoning the support team at less busy times as my problem has been referred to the network team who only appear to work 9-6. The only response I have had since my last post on this forum is to ask why I have requested a MAC key. I'd already detailed the reasons in my tickets, they just hadn't read them.
quelquod
Rising Star

Force9 back on top!

The BBC results are stupid, they order ISPs based on the number of votes casted, it doesn't take into account how many subscribers they have. The big names are going to come top because they have significantly more customers that the smaller ISP's hence more votes cast.

If you'd bothered to look properly you would have seen that the survey included both gross and proportional listings (see listings 3 and 4) which do exactly 'take into account how many subscribers they have'. F9 do poorly in these (as the original poster pointed out) though not the worst by far.

But hey, why let the facts get in the way of a good rant?
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
astarsolutions
Grafter

Force9 back on top!

I didn't scroll down that far.

30% dissatisfied with the service
70% happy with the service

Seems fairly good to me, unless I am reading it wrong again.
Crowbo
Dabbler

Force9 back on top!

Interesting that the survey also lists Metronet as 5th with a 90% satisfaction rating. Who owns Metronet.... PlusNet! Strange how one and the same company can receive such varying results dependent upon the 'brand' that you subscribe to.
astarsolutions
Grafter

Force9 back on top!

It wasn't that long ago that Metronet was bought by Plusnet.
If you ran the survey again I am sure the results for Metronet would drop to match the other Plusnet VISP's.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Force9 back on top!

No response from F9

Your silence is deafening

It is? Didn't we have a discussion about this survery nearly 6 months ago?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Force9 back on top!

Because the first ticket was about paid for usage on a payg account I raised a ticket for billing on 26/07/2007 @2244hrs. I got reply to this on 29/07/2007 @ 0538hrs telling me it had been sent to the network team on 27/07/2007 @ 1820hrs. It took f9 19 hours to pass a problem to someone else.

Hi,

It shows 8:20am on our side when the reply was made, can you check that for me please as I'm obviously concerned if it's showing the wrong time somewhere.

I can't fix the problem myself but I should be able generate a breakdown of the usage for you if that would be useful. Let me know if you want me to do this for you.
Blue_Banana
Dabbler

Force9 back on top!

Dave,

There are two tickets open regarding this problem and I believe you are getting them mixed up. I have cut and pasted the two ticket details below after removing names and action details.

Ticket 22423920 is my initial ticket after finding the fault.
As you can see it was responded to in a reasonable time. After that I got no further contact regarding the problem.

Question topic: Ask the Support Team - General Questions | ID: 22423920 Open
Your original Question 11:03pm, Monday 23rd July 2007
[Support Wizard Journey]
[Ask the Support Team Your Question.]

###Ticket details removed###

MB Training/Comms 8:20am, Tuesday 24th July 2007

Your comment 6:14pm, Friday 27th July 2007

This prompted ticket 22451209 as I was aware that my billing date was coming up and I didn't trust f9 to not bill me for the incorrect usage. As you can see the speed of response from f9 on this ticket was abysmal. Strange how it improved after I asked for my mac though.

Question topic: Billing | ID: 22451209 Open
Your original Question 10:44pm, Thursday 26th July 2007
[Support Wizard Journey]
[I Have Been Billed Incorrectly]
[Update your payment details]
[Billing - Incorrect or query]
[Additional Information]

JD CSC Analyst 5:38am, Sunday 29th July 2007

Your comment 11:23am, Sunday 29th July 2007

MAC Requested

AS CSC Analyst 3:26pm, Sunday 29th July 2007

Since asking for my mac I have had more contact from f9 wanting to know what they can do to sort the problem than I have had in the last week.

Funny thing is when I asked for my mac on the phone I asked the f9 staff member if he could tell me what I owed based on my bandwidth usage and subscription. He couldn't as the 'View My Usage' tool wouldn't work for my account. What have I been saying for the last week?

Astarsolutions,

70/30 is not too bad unless you consider that when I joined f9 the ratio would probably have been 90/10 (just a guess but most people raved about f9 services back then). The fact is that f9 are going down hill and they need to stop. I imagine that new customers are slowing down otherwise they wouldn't be offering £25 per referal.

I hope f9 can sort out their problems. Apart from the level of customer service I've been mostly very happy with f9 and wish them well for the future.