cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force9 Announce Another High Speed Broadband Trial

N/A

We are pleased to announce that we have agreed a small scale trial with Tiscali to provide up to 24Mb broadband speeds which are planned to be available in limited areas before Christmas. This will mean we will be able to offer the highest available speeds to customers who are within selected LLU service areas.

Earlier in the year, we also took part in BT's IPStream Max trials which offered speeds of up to 8Mb to residential and business customers. From 30th November we will be providing these high speeds to customers in more than 25 exchanges across Greater London, Strathclyde, South Glamorgan, Cornwall and Northern Ireland. Several thousand existing PlusNet customers will receive free speed upgrades as soon as their exchange is upgraded.

This further shows our commitment to deliver high speed broadband to our customers.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Stewart

Any idea how much any of the LLU pacakges are going to cost yet?

And what about the exchanges which easynet are expanding too?

Cheers
N/A

The packages and the speeds for 4 and 8mb are out there the higher speed packages are yet to be fully priced but when I have this info I will make it available.

As for expanding exchanges at the moment the trial will be a smaller number of exchanges to allow us to assess the customer experience and also from our side.
Marteknet
Grafter

What will the allowed bandwith usage be on these new faster accounts ?
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

The 4mb and 8mb accounts will see the same usage levels as already defined under the SUP. However, anything faster than this hasn't been finalised yet, but once it has the figures will be made available.
N/A

not tisacali !

eeeeeeeeeeeek ! Not with tiscali.I am very happy with my current speeds thank you !
N/A

Hi,

Just to add my pennies worth here, well if further free upgrades are planned for the future I wont be holding my breath. Given the aweful track record of BT on such things (thats if BT are involved of course?) I personally wont waiting for it free or not.

Secondly, whats the point in offering a 24MB service if the SUP is already so low many customers will think it just laughable. Quote "whats the point in having a farrarie with only 2litres of fuel" I think F9 Plusnet will have to look very seriously at major adjustments to their SUP if your really going to offer such a service. I cannot see users accepting the present soft cap allowences on 24MB's?? Anyway by the time F9 have a 24MB service other ISP's will also too and of course F9 will have to remain competitive or loose customers as far as I can see.

Ivan
okmbok
Grafter

F*** that
Just get me 2Mb instead of 1Mb
quelquod
Rising Star

What's the point of higher speeds if everything you need them for is degraded anyway? You certainly don't benefit from 8Mb only for email and web browsing.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
N/A

I've asked for my MAC code, I'm off elsewhere.

It gives me no satisfaction, because this is clearly what F9 want - even though before the 15g usenet cap the SUP probably wouldn't have effected me. But even at 6:00 am this morning I was unable to get speeds above 3kbs. Enough's enough.

F9 are a company that I have praised for years. My, how things change.
N/A

What's the point of higher speeds if everything you need them for is degraded anyway? You certainly don't benefit from 8Mb only for email and web browsing.

I just hope when the higher speeds are on, like the new Easy net ADSL+2 (upto 24mb), the SUP is even gone, or massive made bigger! - like 100% bigger, cause stuff like TV on demand is going to go throw the 30gb in now time at all!!

Remember also, the LLU stuff is not on the BT Pipes, so in theory, it should be much cheaper for F9 to run!