cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force 9 phone & New Query not working

N/A

FORCE 9 SUPPORT :roll: ,
I have tried to contact force 9 both using the phone 0845 1400 250 which results in a permanent engaged tone and also the New Query button which does not work at ...
http://portal.f9.net.uk/my.html?action=tickets#

My real problem is that I can not send an email to a domain on Fasthost and after contacting their support I received the reply below. Please advie how this can be resolved. :?:

Regards
Steve

=======================
Dear Steve,

It appears that force9 are incorrectly caching the fact that the domain used to be located on our Free Services.

They should not be determining your MX record as pointing to our freeservices mailserver. I have checked externally and no other ISP is currently doing this, and the mx record resolves correctly to the livedns mailserver.

I would advise clarifying this issue with plusnet as the issue appears to be localised to their system.

I hope this helps

Best Regards

Xtreme Support Team
Fasthosts Internet Ltd.
http://www.fasthosts.co.uk
http://www.ukreg.com
=======================
6 REPLIES
N/A

Contacting F9

Hi Steve,

Have you tried F9's other phone number which I think is still working as far as I know 0845-142-5000 gets you through and then you get their press button menu system.

Ivan
N/A

This problem has been on the service status part of the website since the 22nd,

take alook there for more details

Darren
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm very concerned that the phone number is engaged, it would take a major problem for our number to be engaged as it has an in built queuing system.

Have you tried the other number as Ivan suggests?

Regarding the ticket system, what happens (or doesn't as the case may be) when you try and raise a ticket? The New Ticket botton should open the Contact Us Wizard in a new window, if you have pop-ups blocked this may be blocking the wizard.

Regarding Fasthosts we are working with them on resolving this problem, as soon as we have a further update we will post it to service status.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Just to add Steve, I've passed the email you've received on to the network guys to see if it can help.
N/A

When I posted this message I had been receiving an engaged tone for over an hour but shortly after posting I finally managed to phone tech support. I was not aware of an alternative number as I had not seen on the support pages. :!:

You were correct with the New Query not working on my machine because I do use pop-up blocking. I have now configured to allow pop-ups for the portal and the New Query now appears to work. :idea:

Unfortunately my real problem of not being able to send emails to a domain on Fasthost is still present after several days. Sad

Steve Whitnear
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm afraid the problem is still being worked on, I don't know yet when it'll be fixed but we working to get a resolution as quickly as we can. I know it's taking time, and all I can really do is apologise.