Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the attention of a CS person...

thunderbird30
Grafter

Re: ticket No.19842276

Can you please take a look at this please?

For everyone else...

I've been having problems with my line connection ever since I've had Broadband. Please note that this is NOT a Plusnet problem.My problem is with BT,but due to the way that BTW operate,I cannot contact them directly to organise a visit to my house.

On the occasions that BT have visited,all engineers have told me the same info.The fault IS NOT with my equipment,but with a section of cable between my house and the exchange.
My fault only happens in extremes of weather and then clears up.Surely this alone would prompt someone into understanding what the fault is?

The ticket mentioned at the start of this post goes back to 16th July but the problem has been around ever since I joined Plusnet over a year ago and frankly I'm getting just a little bit tired of raising tickets and seeing nothing done to cure the problem.

I have been advised that it may not be in BT's financial interest to repair my line fault.If this is the case then it really does confirm my worst suspicions that we the customers are being laughed at and ridiculed by the financial fat cats that now run our once excellent telecoms industry.What ever happened to service?

Maybe it would be in my financial interests to withold payment or charge for my time that has been wasted when I wait all afternoon for an engineer to turn up,but doesn't ?

There was a time that a job would be completed as a matter of pride,but now it seems that the customer has turned into a cash cow to be milked until dry.Not just in the telecoms/IT sector,but as a whole.In all truthfullness,I really do believe that in one way,BT just can't be bothered with us.

By now some of you are probably thinking that I am someone that just likes a good moan,or if I don't like it I should choose another supplier.
I would reply to that by saying that when I undertake a contract to do as I promise,I honour that contract.All I am asking is to be treated in the same way that I treat others.

I have tried being understanding,I have tried being accomodating and I have tried being civil but these traits have got me nowhere and now I have had enough of empty promises,shoddy treatment and abysmal customer service by BT.

My final words in this are:

Do you think that I am being unreasonable in asking that fault that has exsisted for over a year is fixed to a satisfactory standard?
20 REPLIES
N/A

Did BT (or anyone else for that matter) ever give you an official reason as to why you have to put up with the fault?
Did they ever officially acknowledge that you have a problem?

I would have thought that getting some admission of the fault would be the hardest part of the battle! I like you would assume that once a fault has been identified with part of the network, that fault would be addressed.

I suppose you could re-do the process through PN and try to pin down the BT engineer (if/when he turns up) into giving you some confirmation in writing that their is a fault.

Incidentally if there is no fault, they charge you, so presuming they didn't, surely this is an official (of sorts) indication or acceptance of a fault on their network.
Community Veteran

Re: For the attention of a CS person...

I have tried being understanding,I have tried being accomodating and I have tried being civil ...

You should now try writing a letter, a real one sent by post. OFCOM require you follow the formal complaints process before they will do anything. For PN and BT this requires writing letters.

So, 1st ask for them to provide a plan to resolve the problem. When this plan fails, you then need a statement from PN that they can no longer do anything.

At this point, you are paying for a service that is not of satisfactory quality, so now the Sale of Goods and Service Act kicks in, and so does the abililty to go to OFCOM.

Also, if at any stage you are involved in letters to BT, you need to ask to be sure you are dealing with a person who can issue you a formal letter called the 'Letter of Deadlock', if not, find a person who can. BT really do not like sending a Letter of Deadlock ... so keep asking for one as you need this for OFCOM to do anything about BT.

I feel you have a few more months of grief ahead. Sad

Of course your supplier is PN, and PN should hassle BT, it is not your fault PN rely on BT ...

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
thunderbird30
Grafter

Thank you for your support James.

On every visit that I have had from BT,2 things remain constant.
These are:
1. I've never been charged for a reported fault that was a fault with my equipment or cabling.

2.Every engineer has said that there is a fault with an underground cable that needs to be addressed.

As I live in a rural area,I have learned to be patient in getting issues resolved,but I feel that I have been patient enough in waiting over a year.

Since writing my original post,I have been fortunate enough to obtain an email of a senior figure in the BT Wholesale company structure. I feel that a communication from myself outlining my problems with their service is now long overdue.

I will keep the forum informed of any developments.
thunderbird30
Grafter

Well another day has passed and still nothing from BT or Plusnet with an acknowledgment of my many problems and disruptions.

The wait continues.

I am now in the process of writing a letter that will be posted to Plusnet asking for their plans to fix my fault.
thunderbird30
Grafter

I today received the news that I have now been assigned a free 0808 dialup number by Plusnet.This is a good sign and I thank Plusnet for it.

I will now be able to access from home instead of at work.

Still no news of when BT is going to fix my line though...
N/A

At least PN have a real incentive now - the more people use the free number, the more it'll cost PN, so hopefully they'll do a bit more chasing for you to try and get it sorted.
thunderbird30
Grafter

My latest reply...

Whether this will do any good I don't know,but it's worth a try.BT give compensation for missed appointments on voice faults....

"I thank you for giving me access to your dialup service,but can you tell me when my service level will be restored to the level that I'm currently being charged for?

I am still awaiting a notification of when BT will visit my property to fix my ongoing problem that has been dragging on for well over a month.
I feel that I have been let down severely by BT and as you are my only point of contact with BT,I would like you to ask them for compensation that I feel I am due for the missed appointment and a level of service that can only be described as laughable."
thunderbird30
Grafter

I got home today only to find that BT have been and gone due to not being able to get access to my house.I have had no notification that they were coming at all.

As I write this I am fuming.I rang the Plusnet contact number printed on the card that the BT engineer had put through my door that I had rung previously only to be told by some moron,that it was the wrong number.

DO NOT TAKE ME FOR A FOOL PLUSNET

If anyone else would like the phone number that I dialled (that +net don't want you to have, here it is:

Removed
Give it a go-you may have more luck that me.
All respect that I had in the past for this company has totally drained.I will today be recommending the people I refered to join this shower of incompetent fools leave as soon as possible.

I am disgusted at how I have been treated.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

Whilst I appreciate your frustration, the number detailed is an internal number for a non-customer facing department.

Calling it will not mean that your query gets answered, the only way to receive support by telephone is on our published 0845 numbers.

On an additional note, I'm looking into your fault report as we speak and will give you more information shortly.
N/A

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear of your ongoing problems, however, I have removed the telephone number which you have posted.

This is not the correct contact number for plusnet and it would be wrong to have people ringing a wrong number, which would acheive nothing.

I hope your problem can be resolved soon but i think BT may not be playing ball here tbh.
thunderbird30
Grafter

Hi

Whilst I appreciate your frustration, the number detailed is an internal number for a non-customer facing department.

Calling it will not mean that your query gets answered, the only way to receive support by telephone is on our published 0845 numbers.

On an additional note, I'm looking into your fault report as we speak and will give you more information shortly.

I tried to phone on both the published numbers on this website,but gave up after waiting on hold for nearly 30 minutes.I used the number on the card that was put through my door as it did say "contact number" and because of the frustration of having no other way of contacting BT...
thunderbird30
Grafter

The latest development

Good news! BT are visiting today between 1300-1530.As I speak,my connection has dropped 40 times since 2200 yesterday.

Hopefully BT will tell me that they are finally going to fix my fault.Maybe my email to the chairman of BT had a result-he certainly replied in the positve...
Njal
Grafter

Hope you have good luck getting your problem resolved. I've generally found that BT engineers are very good and helpful.

One piece of advice: offer the engineer a cup of tea. I've occasionally had quite a bit of extra work done for free for the price of a tea bag and a friendly chat.

Regards,

Neil
N/A

I had a similar problem

At another propert, not connected to plus net at all... what it was that my cable under the garden was getting wet, the cable was not completely waterproofed and moisture ( I think inside the cable) was causing disconnects and noise... or rather than noise was causing the disconnect.

Yes this happened mostly during or just after wet weather, which is why I thought about it when I read your post. Have you disturbed the cable at all... done any gardening etc?

hope this helps a little

Clive