cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For christ sake....

N/A

For christ sake....

I know you are shaping the Premier users but ffs i am only getting 15K download on a 2mbs service from usenet, this is absolute rubbish what is the point of having high speed internet if they put the brakes on at normal useage hours for people who work during the day (i.e. anytime after 6:00pm). This has been going on for several weeks now and I'm getting to the point where I have had enough, PN is this going to become the norm? if so I may as well leave as you are not providing me with the service I signed up for.
15 REPLIES
N/A

For christ sake....

I've also noticed quite a service degrdation in the evenings (but not as bad as 15k!) and you do wonder what you are paying for if you get throttled on the few hours you can use it!
N/A

crappy plusnet

15k i wish i could get that at the mo.
Im getting 5k - 9k down on 2m line and have been for 2 days.
Anyone know any providers that actually proved a service that works.

Plusnet has been going down hill for sometime now but this is taking the piss.
Ill try again tomorrow and if its still shit im off.

And i know its the crappy service as my pal next door is with another provider and his connection is fine.
N/A

For christ sake....

same here aswell, looks like we have another bulldog broadband on our hands
N/A

For christ sake....

Glad I am not alone, im currently down to less than 9K now... pathetic - PN care to comment or are you just going to ignore us?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

For christ sake....

Hi,

In order see exactly what is causing the speed problem I need to be a bit of investigation into it.

If the speeds are still slow, or the next time they slow down, can you try first of all the BT Speedtest

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27

This will first of all show if there's any slowdown because of contention at your local exchange.

From there reconnect to us and try the speedtest on on site (on left under Connection Settings).

Depending on the results of the tests this should help in isolating the cause.

If both speed tests show normal results then if it's just Usenet try increasing the number of connections, if to our servers try 8 connections, and see if that helps.
N/A

For christ sake....

tried all the above allready, still getting really REALLY poor speeds in the evinings on 2mb premier line and i`m paying 39.99 a month.. when will this be sorted!?!?!?!?!?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed. Please dont use ALL of the preceding post as a quote.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

For christ sake....

What speeds did the speedtests show?
N/A

For christ sake....

ullapool

why are you paying £39.99 a month when you can get exactly the same product for £21.99 per month. I presume it is so you can get 8mb when it comes out, eta of this 8mb is april 06 - downgrade your account to premier £21.99 and save £18.00 per month until it comes out. From what i have read your speeds will still be the same as now or better

Commission to me by paypal please :-)
N/A

For christ sake....

ullapool

why are you paying £39.99 a month when you can get exactly the same product for £21.99 per month. I presume it is so you can get 8mb when it comes out, eta of this 8mb is april 06 - downgrade your account to premier £21.99 and save £18.00 per month until it comes out. From what i have read your speeds will still be the same as now or better

Commission to me by paypal please :-)

how do i downgrade, ive had no email telling me this?!?!? am i due a rebate?? i very much doubt it knowing what plusnet are like to there customrs........
N/A

For christ sake....

only reading the forums would have shown you this cheaper tariff

don't think you'll get a rebate tho as it is your responsibilty to check... in plusnet's eyes.

ring 0845 1400200 and ask them as i dont want to give you duff information about regrading your account and then you incur more charges, i would presume you do it in the my account section on the left hand side of this forum

happy to help - i'm still feeling da love from last nite :-)
Community Veteran

For christ sake....

ullapool,

How much on average do you use per month? It may be that your usage would see you receive a warning email after you switch to £21.99

Those that are on the £39.99 package have been able to download more withou getting a warning apparently.

How many GB do you do in an average month?

soundsystem, do you think ullapool will be feeling da love after paying £90 to PN for being first in the queue for the 8mb products? :roll:
N/A

For christ sake....

ullapool,

How many GB do you do in an average month?

hi chesterfield

This is my usage for the last 2 months:

Aug-Sep
34.98GB

Aug-Aug
37.7GB]

i called up plusnet and they told me it would be £14:99 to regrade to 21.99 package..... i kiked up a small fuss and he put me on hold then said if i do it via raising a ticket they would let me off with the 14:99 charge...

total cheek! watch what your getting charged guys...
i also mentioned about slow speeds between 6pm adn 12am and he said yeah they know about them and it will be fixed soon "blah blah blah"

cheers
N/A

For christ sake....

i believe you are (or were) entitled to a free downgrade from a non-existant product to the product you are currently being provisioned with anyway.
Community Veteran

For christ sake....

That kind of usage shouldn't see you given any warning, apparently those being given warnings are going over 100GB.