cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Customer Support

N/A

For Customer Support

Hi Chaps
Well following on from my other post regarding cut offs (that post is slipping down the line) my PC has now been connected for 6hrs 35mins to another ISP. BT checked my line again today and they have confirmed again that there isnt a problem.
Also I did a bit of research and for anybody getting cut off there always seems to be the same answer from you guys - Noisy Line.
Would appreciate if this could be looked into as I am a little concerned that so many people seem to have noisy/bad lines even when mine is a digital line. By the way transmission of facsimiles are fine on that line.
If there is a cut off I would prefer a truthful answer as something is not quite right here especially as I am paying £29.99 per month for a connection with no cut offs.
Thanks and look forward to your comments.
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: For Customer Support

Hi David,

>following on from my other post regarding cut offs (that post is slipping down the line)

Yes, apologies that has been missed in the past, and for the delay in answering this. I will however attempt to address your issues and answer as best I can:

>I did a bit of research and for anybody getting cut off there always seems to be the same answer from you guys - Noisy Line.

This is not always the case but being in technical support, we have found this to be the problem on a number of occasions and asking BT to turn up the gain or perform some other test has often resolved the issue. It is not a definitive conclusion however that your difficulties are being caused by the same circumstances, merely a suggestion as to the possible cause.

>Would appreciate if this could be looked into as I am a little concerned that so many people seem to have noisy/bad lines even when mine is a digital line. By the way transmission of facsimiles are fine on that line.

Having looked at yout RADIUS (call) logs, I have seen that on a number of occasions you have actually established a connection for over 5 hours at a time so the problem does not seem to arise exactly after 5 hours have elapsed (or thereabouts) as previously thought. Also, I can confirm that the connection was terminated due to 'lost carrier'. This would indicate that the problem does in fact lie at your end but it is difficult from our position to be able to establish where.

This may seem a bit of a generic solution but as mentioned in another recent thread, I would suggest updating your modem drivers to ensure you have the latest versions installed, I realise you said the modem works fine with another ISP but you may find that the newer modem drivers are more compatible with our servers.

>If there is a cut off I would prefer a truthful answer as something is not quite right here especially as I am paying £29.99 per month for a connection with no cut offs.

Absolutely not, you have by opting for your curreny level of service, indicated to us that you are a 'Heavy User', this we respect and aim to provide the service accordingly. When you use your time online is upto you, we do not make stipulations on when you can dial up otherwise this would not be a 24/7 unmetered service. As previously mentioned, the only time we would terminate a connection would be if your connection is left idle for a time and this as much as anything is for your benefit as well as ours.

>Thanks and look forward to your comments.

You are welcome, I hope this goes some way to explaining the situation, though I am sorry we are unable to offer a solution for you.

Best Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+