cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Flooding] Everyone at F9 OK?

David_W
Rising Star

Its all in the news about Sheffield being under a ton of water, so I guess we're all hoping that F9 and all its staff are ok, and are not locked in a canteen with only each other to eat!

I guess we're also interested in knowing if the flooding could possible effect out internet access, but only after we're sure that everyone at F9 isn't about to drown.
8 REPLIES
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

May I also add my support and good wishes to the staff at Sheffield. I’m down south and although we have had rain it’s been nothing like you guys (generic to include girls as well Smiley) have experienced over the last 24 hours. I have watched Sky news for the last few hours and hope the damn does not fail otherwise you are all in one heck of a mess.

Good luck to all, regards, Colin
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Thanks for your support and good wishes, you might be interested in this thread over at the new community site.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

I have lived in Sheffield/Rotherham all my life (longer than I care to remember) and have never seen anything like these floods. Have had a look at the link and read of all your efforts to keep things running at F9. Just wanted to let you know how much this is appreciated - true Yorkshire grit!
jmd
Grafter

I think your staff are doing well to carry on working in the situations shown on your site and on TV this evening.............keep swiming head up and congratulations!
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Thanks again for all the support, we really do appreciate it.

We're coping OK, we have contingency plans in place should the power go, and would be able to carry on with limited call centre facilities at our other building.

We won't lose connectivity (as the hardware to supply this is down in London) but other services may be affected should the worse happen. There's a Service Status report here to keep you guys informed.
David_W
Rising Star

From looking at the pictures on the news, kinda makes me feel lucky I live at the sea side and on top of a hill though if the Atlantic ever decides to burst its banks I'd be in trouble Cheesy

Hopefully this bad weather will be over soon then things can go back to normal for you guys and you'll be able to go home without needing SCUBA gear Smiley
N/A

my heart goes out to all of you at F9 who have suffered in the bad weather.

In my part of lincolshire its been wet but we have not had any flooding here (near boston)but parts of louth have been badly effected.

Please please keep safe, property can be replaced lifes cannot

Kind regards

Michael and Jill
Community Veteran

Hi all.

The good wishes from across the forum communities during this period have been fantastic and very much appreciated. Our staff, like most people in this city, have had to deal with quite a lot in recent days.

Hopefully now the worst is over and things can slowly return to normal.

I would personally like to thank all of you for your patience and kindness over the last few days. It has been a great moral boost and is greatly appreciated.