cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five year free contract.

N/A

Five year free contract.

Hi plusnet. I'd like to commend you on your silky-smooth ability to lock me into a 'free' five year contract. I thought an annual contract would be far reaching enough, but I have now happily realised that I am stuck with PlusNET's marketing-driven, fleece-your-customer style service for an extra four years (provided I want to keep my 'free' activation and 'free' modem).

At first I thought being forced to stay for five years in order to fulfil my expectation of a free connection and modem was outrageous. i then found a page on the site that reassuringly informed me that PlusNET are doing me a favour and giving me £9.40 per year from the cost of the free activation/modem. Glad that was cleared up!

Then came the bandwidth caps. Oh joy. I can't even complain that plusnet advertised an unlimited service - apparently they haven't done that since Nov 2004. Although I could have sworn I saw it somewhere when I was signing up. Must have just been the plusnet marketing-voodoo taking hold ....

Anyway, I gotta go now because it's coming up to the 15:00pm - 16:00pm window for me to check my email. I better stop surfing the web first before I get cutoff for using my service like a human being. I might see you all at 21:33pm on Feb 2nd - I've got time booked with PlusNET to allow me HTTP access for an hour for free (provided I stay for another couple more years).

L8r.

NOTE: Sense the sarcastic tone before you flame me.
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Five year free contract.

i see a good old fashioned lock-down happening here!
N/A

Five year free contract.

strathbungo1 - lockdown?
Community Veteran

Five year free contract.

the post will probably be locked for not being constructive
N/A

Five year free contract.

fair point. I had a feeling that playing plusnet at there own game (being non-constructive) would grate on them. I just don't understand how they can say that activation and modem are free when really you are just hiring them. And as for bandwidth caps; I guess they wouldn't get so many people signing up if they said "you can have a 2mb line, but since we don't want you to use that much, don't bother trying. or you could leave and pay us more money". They could just cut everyone's bandwidth (and £/month) and then let them use as much of that as they like rather than just picking on the few that use a lot/share their connection.
JonathanW
Grafter

Five year free contract.

All of the information about this offer is clearly available on the site before you acutally complete the signup process. Whether you read this or not is down to your personal choice, but if you choose not to read it before accepting the offer, then this isn't something that you can complain about at a later date.
N/A

Five year free contract.

Apologies. i just needed to let off some steam. I will sit back and conform till my contract runs out. Then I'll pay for my free modem (which I only got cos it was free and have never used - want it back still boxed and everything? na, didn't think so) and my free activation, and leave.

It'll be a bit like The Shawshank Redemption or Escape to Victory. A prison drama for the internet age.
jagger
Grafter

Five year free contract.

Darn it! You got there first Jon. Cheesy

Of course it is a constructive post Andy. Cheesy You've vented your spleen a bit,which is good for the soul once in a while,and you've learned the invaluable "lesson for life" that you should not believe that advertising is statement of fact.

That's what contracts are for.Try telling any judge that you are unhappy with a contract that you signed because you didn't read it in full.

One of the things that the Romans did for us.The saying "caveat emptor".

Buyer, beware.
N/A

Five year free contract.

well put jagger! I will take note of that Smiley

whats latin for " Buyer, get fleeced"?
Cheesy
Community Veteran

Five year free contract.

ok I apologise!

Yes it is constuctive if you remove the sarcasm, and I do agree with some of the points made

Not meaning to hi-jack your post or anything but in the event that I decide to leave will I have to pay anything? I am on a monthly contract, no hardware and I migrated in
N/A

Five year free contract.

you'll probably be fine. A take it that you left your soul with your previous provider? If not, then plusnet will probably take that off ya and charge you for the privilege. But apart from that you'll be cool. Then again, you never know ...
Community Veteran

Five year free contract.

yes wanadoo took everything from me, even over £100 we didn't owe them! They thankfully gave that back though after lots of fighting!
jagger
Grafter

Five year free contract.

whats latin for " Buyer, get fleeced"?

Nil Illegitimi carborundum - roughly translates as "don't let people born out of wedlock rub your face in the bottom of the budgie cage"
Community Veteran

Five year free contract.

Well a quick google will tell you what the swear filter wont!

Naughty Word (which has been bleeped) in the following link for those who are easily offended: http://www.proz.com/kudoz/85426