cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Post!!!

N/A

First Post!!!

Actually probably my last (on this area of the forums at least) or one of my last. My migration* has just gone through and my billing period ends in a few days. This means that I'll no longer be able to post on these forums (some would say this is a good thing Wink ).
I wish all customers and staff at PlusNet all the best for the months and years to come. I'll continue to post in the PAYG dial-up forum for a bit and also over at PlusNutters(sic) and you never know, I may be back one day!**
There's a great community here and I hope it stays strong, feel free to pass on my sparkiness to another deserving customer. Sorry for going off-topic Wink

*Now connected at 8128/448kbps with actual speeds to match and lower latency that before.
**This is neither a promise or a threat.
8 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

First Post!!!

Good luck mate and i hope the grass is greener for you Cheesy

agreed about the community here and if i had to leave it would be the only thing that i really would miss

Im sure your crown will soon find another worthy head but not with the same wit and opinions Wink

Bill.
shellsong
Grafter

First Post!!!

You will most definitely be missed-- personally I rate you amongst the most "sparky" contributors to this forum!

Cheers, Gerry
N/A

First Post!!!

All the best mister Smiley
N/A

First Post!!!

Good luck with your new ISP.

Your contribution and wisdom will certainly be missed round these parts.

Hopefully see you in the Guest forum and dont forget the PUG public forums, your insight would be most welcome there.

Take care and enjoy. Smiley
N/A

First Post!!!

My connection just transferred over this afternoon, I have until the 13th before I can no longer post.

I too wish everyone the best and good luck with the future, its been an experience Smiley

To say I'm noticing the difference already is an understatement, its like going from ISDN to Broadband for the first time.

Your line speed:
6580.6 Kbps
806.5 K bytes/sec
N/A

First Post!!!

*Group Hug*
We need Dan's 'Feel The Lurve' avatar in this thread Smiley Thanks everyone for the kind words, it's been great to be a part of these forums and laugh, cry, rant, discuss and be enlightened by and with everyone.

Looks like I've got a short reprieve (for a few days at least). I thought that the combination of having my account formally downgraded to a PAYG dialup account (which also happened in the early hours of this morning) and using a non-PlusNet IP would lock me out of these forums.

Did you also see the actual speed increase as well as the sync change immediately gary? After everything that has been said I was partially expecting a delay of a few days while being capped at 2Mb but I was immediately unleashed!
passer
Grafter

First Post!!!

Best wishes sietchtabr, you've helped a lot of people round here, and you'll be missed.

Hope it goes well for you at your new home, but I bet you come crawling back, tail between your legs, suffering from forum-deprivation Smiley

(thinks to self :- if he snuck back in, logged-in as another user, I'd spot his style instantly!)
N/A

First Post!!!

*Group Hug*

Did you also see the actual speed increase as well as the sync change immediately gary? After everything that has been said I was partially expecting a delay of a few days while being capped at 2Mb but I was immediately unleashed!

Instantaneous mate, not only that but web pages open about 6x faster, WoW this evening has been a lag free dream. About to try Planetside which was classed as other in PNs download criteria and so hard to play at peak times, which is right now. So off to try that now, I seriously thought the other night my PC needed upgrading again, seems it was actually my connection.