cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally had enough of LLU

Stitch626
Dabbler

Well the subject says it all. The reliability of this service is just so bad I cannot cope with it anymore. :x I'm looking to move off of LLU asap and probably move on. I need reliabilty, not massive download quotas or superfast speed and this is something I have not seen recently.

So, whats the easiest way out? I've read about LLU Macs but they seem slow and unreliable and I'll get charged to move back anyway. So, is cancelling the best option? Will it cost anymore?

Any experiences on the best way to a reliable service? No anti +net rants please (tempting as it may be Wink )

Thanks, Mark
45 REPLIES
N/A

if the isp you move to doesnt support llu macs your only option is to cancel then take up with new isp, and that means downtime with no net access for a while i guess, im in teh sme boat currently too :twisted:
Stitch626
Dabbler

Good point but presumably either an LLU Mac key or cancel will involve paying to be switched back to BT. Is the cost the same either way? Also, any idea how long the down time is when a cancel and reprovide is issued? Does it make any difference if I were to stay with +net or go elsewhere?
Community Veteran

PN have stated there will be no cost to the customer if they are switched back to BT. It will just take a while but you have to convince PN that your current connection is not usable before they will initiate the transfer as it does cost them to do it.

If you do cancel then there may be several weeks downtime while various BT/Tiscali systems are updated to show no ADSL on your line and only when that is done can you order ADSL again from another provider, paying a connection fee as necessary.
N/A

despite all the work carried out this morning.. I take it you are you still having problems on LLU?
N/A

yes - dissconects seem fewer but speeds are still awful, and my upload is unusable which is half the reason i have a net connection in the first place
Stitch626
Dabbler

Not wanting to jinx anything Cheesy but at the moment I seem to be running at a good speed and it hasn't disconnected for over 4 hours, so maybe it has been fixed this time. So maybe I'll give +net a bit longer Shocked

Most of my frustration was after yesterday which was a complete nightmare after lunch!! Non stop disconnections and very poor speeds. Just thinking about it is winding me up Evil
N/A

Good day

for pn reference - - Ive just had a disconnection back few minutes ago - and im on LLu !

i had again - and again to reboot the router to get back online -

raimondo
Community Veteran

You should not have to reboot any router to get back online. If it is configured correctly it should reconnect automatically. If it does not then yo have a problem with your router.

What router do you use and are you sure:

1) It is configured to reconnect on loss of connection
2) Is using the latest firmware.

I use a netgear DG834 and a vigor 2600G and both reconnect on loss of sync and PPP.
craigbrass
Grafter

Same for me, two disconnects so far today. Both required a reboot to actually get the router to reconnect.

Better than usual buy still not good.

Am STILL waiting to be moved back to BT Wholesale. There is a delay with BT aparently.
N/A

2 disconnects tonight here too, but no reeboots required, it recovers its self but i reeboot after wards always just to be safe, but the service update did say there would be 1 major outage today
craigbrass
Grafter

New status message up from Liam confirming they confirm that it isn't fixed.

What I don't understand is rather than replacing the individual components they don't just replace the entire thing. Afterall, this is a live enviroment, not a testing enviroment!
N/A

I generally have to reboot to resume service following an LLU faulty disconnect
N/A

Dear Peter;

good day

in reference to your reply -

you are correct ! the router reboot on its own if left alone !

it just take a bit longer than - manually reboot ! and after quite few months of up - down - up - down - up - down - ive just lost my patiente to wait for the router to reboot on its own - really -

ray
N/A

Peter, PN themselves have previously advised customers to power down all of their hardware - computer and router - for several minutes in order to reconnect.

I quite agree that one shouldn't have to power down to reconnect. Unfortunately the service PN are currently providing leaves many customers (myself included) with little option.

It gets very boring having to regularly check whether the connection is actually up when the router's ADSL light is not blinking. But this has been a fact of life for me for the last 6 weeks, and sadly for PN is the reason why I am now taking my custom elsewhere.

Before LLU I would not have thought of moving anywhere else. Since LLU (which I didn't request in the first place) I can't wait to get away. Some company...

(And I'm STILL waiting for a reply to my last question posted at 7am on Tuesday...................................)