Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally given up on Webmail and auto log-in

shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

:x My patience is exhausted, I regret to say. I have finally given up on the new Webmail, which has been made worse by the recent farcical situation with auto log-in which no-one at PN wants to recognise is a problem at all, despite the fact that so many people are complaining about it. Not only is Webmail diabolically slow, but I have lost a whole folder and CS cannot be bothered to answer my ticket to tell me where it has gone.

I have a domain hosted by UK2.net. They offer a free webmail service which is fast and efficient, and has a simple "fetch" facility which instantaneously retrieves mail automatically from my PN mail box, deletes it from the PN server (if required) and then works like any civilised pop3 or webmail service. There is no long delay accessing it, you can access via a third party connection and you do not have to log in twice or more as you do with PN, now that auto log-in does not function any more (must remember to wash my mouth out with salt because PN still pretends there is nothing wrong with auto log-in! It is just my wild imagination.)

Best of all, there are no fancy, unwanted bells and whistles, and so everything reacts instantly without the frustrating delays while the PN webmail stops to have a cup of tea.

This webmail service is free for anyone. Just go to www.uk2.net and sign up. I did an access time check - PN webmail one minute twenty eight seconds before I could see what mail is in my inbox. UK2.net a mere ten seconds !!

Good luck Cry
5 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

UK2.net use Squirrelmail, not @Mail (certainly for my account)
N/A

I agree, just had to brave the nightmare that webmail is because I'm at work and it took ages to load up. Now it won't let me securley log out.

Its a mess.
shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Disappearing folders !

As a result of my last posting, CS suddenly decided that they could not just sweep the problem under the carpet and get away with it. Therefore, after a delay of two days, they have now come back with the following extraordinary answer :

We have recently investigated this issue and it seems that users should not have been able to create folders when logged in via POP3. Therefore mail moved to these folders is subsequently not accessible or retrievable by us.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Firstly, it should not be necessary for a ticket to be published on the Forum in order to get an answer from CS.

Secondly, I cannot believe the cavalier attitude : "Oh, we screwed up, tough. Have a nice day ". So my files have gone but CS accepts no responsibility for it.

This is just not acceptable. And this from a company who has just won an award for Customer Service; it's obviously gone to their head. Evil

Would CS care to comment ?
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

I am sorry if you have received a level of support you do ant find acceptable, we do pride ourselves on the service we provide but the people you speak to are only human and we never script any responses so there will always be instances like this.

If you PM me the ticket number of name of the agent you spoke to then I will look into the matter for you.

We accept responsibility for the problem - it is something that should not be possible, but we cannot do anything about the lost files as we have no way of recovering the data and we cannot compensate for e-mail loss in any way.

Regards,
Nick_Russell
Grafter

I think shermans must be a clone of me. I agree with nearly all his postings -

fax2email, auto-login, webmail

It is a great pity PlusNet do not acknowledge all these are problems and have not been fixed and are not just intermittant problems with a few users.

PS I wonder if shermans has a view matchinmg mine on download limits?