cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final nail in the coffin for many subscribers

N/A

I signed up for Broadband Premier which was at the time basically an unmetered unlimited package and for some time enjoyed the binary news groups.

It was bad enough when plusnet chose to reduced the news group down loads from 8 connections to 4 connections. Evil

Then they introduced the fair usage policy. Evil

These two things fundamentally change the nature of the product / service that plusnet was providing.

Then what I suspect will be the final nail in the coffin for many subscribers was the ever deteriorating quality of the binary news groups culminating in the imminent withdrawal of the binary news group service. Evil

I can not recognise the product I signed up for when comparing it to the product that plusnet are now supplying. :-(

I contacted plusnet regarding the above and asked them to reflect the reduction in service with a similar reduction in the subscription they charge me. It suffices to say that their response was unsympathetic. They did nothing to try and improve failing customer service / satisfaction.

One redeeming feature had been the relatively competitive price of the package but that is now questionable, especially when you have ISPs like BeThere http://www.bethere.co.uk offering unlimited ADSL2+ broadband for £24 a month with a blistering 24Mb down and 1.3Mb up. :-)

As soon as BeThere are at my exchange plusnet won’t see my heals for dust.
16 REPLIES
N/A

Definately for us, we are waiting for 8mb to be enabled then waving bye bye.
lank111
Grafter

Over the last few year's, i've been happy with plusnet!
And over the year's plusnet has imposed restrictions that i wanted to avoid in the first place! hence going with plusnet way back in the days when usage wasn't a worrie!!

I AM a light user! and im on the 2Mbit premier package (runing at 1Mbit due to my line/BT)
i use no more then 15 gig a month and i keep my peak time downloads to a min, to ensure i don't clog up the network!

the speed issue's are sometimes a pain the the arse but **** happens!
its like traffic jams on our roads and motorways! Who can we balme!Huh?

But the only thing that has realy worried me, is this NEW usage cap!
10gig a month then you get a degraded service! till 15gig!

This is shocking!
i didnt mind the 30gig a month peak / 100gig off peak! as i knew i would never use anything near that!

i only signed up for plusnet due to the reason that i wouldn't have to worrie about my usage!

and i can have fun setting up servers and VPN's and ENJOYING BROADBAND!
but now, plusnet is going too far!
i am a loyal customer! haven't missed a payment in over 3 years!
i have recommended plusnet to friends and always spoken good about plusnet! i am the ideal plusnet customer!

but now! i'm doubting plusnet's promises!!!!

At the moment! (Lst few months (since Nov) i havnt been able to use or have fun with broadband! its been getting worse and worse!

and if these new limits restrict me!
Then i will say my fairwells! and mirgrate!
i don't realy want to as i do like plusnets ethics and company vision and honestly/openness!

Fingerscross! plusnet improves!
N/A

yep i'am in the same boat, been a loyal plusnet customer for a good few years now, back when they were a small, top quality ,customer focused ISP who appealed to the more advanced user, and i recommended them to anyone i knew.

however it seems that as theyve expanded and grown, theyve gradually slipped and slipped with various PR cockups and decreasing levels of customer satisfaction, with product changes/updates becoming a regular thing and decreasing usage/traffic alowances on the products offered and this past year my connection has had less stablity than the rest of the years put together. it seems that plusnets vision is to become another AOL clone and just want customers who will just surf the web and check their emails, and gradually ditch the rest. The adjustment of peaktime to midnight-4pm was nearly the final straw for me, however i am glad to see plusnet sorted that out, even tho it did mean a reduction in peaktime usage.

i dont want to leave plusnet, switching isps is just too much hassle for me, i am happy with my setup, so i'll stick with it for now and hope plusnet as a whole gets better, i know it'll never go back to how it was in the good ol days, but i'll hang on and hope for the best.

Just my 2 cents Smiley
N/A

Well I got totaly fed up and left, the change over to another isp was quick and painless, I now have a stable conection and games are playable again Smiley
I cant belive I put up with so much **** for so long. its like going from 56k up to asdl all over again.
with a 20gig cap for £2.00 more per month its good for me.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed]
N/A

Well I got totaly fed up and left, the change over to another isp was quick and painless, I now have a stable conection and games are playable again Smiley
I cant belive I put up with so much **** for so long. its like going from 56k up to asdl all over again.
with a 20gig cap for £2.00 more per month its good for me.
N/A

Well please tell, which ISP did you swap to?

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules
HellFire
Grafter

I don’t like the cap either but I’m going to see what its like, I’ve been looking at other uncapped ISP’s like Pipex and Bulldog and people don’t seem to like them saying poor speeds with connection loss and poor customer service, I like to download without thinking about it but I don’t do it continuously I know people on cable who leave their PC on 24/7 downloading but I’ve never done that

you should try cable if your lucky enough to be in a cable area

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of the preceding post removed. it was quoted even with the advice note in it lol]
Neil_A
Grafter

uncapped ISP’s like Pipex ....

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Pipex have a fair use policy and restrict heavy users at peak times. There are a few threads about this in ADSLguide if you hunt around in the Pipex forum.
lank111
Grafter

pipex is a shark, buyin up all the quality isp's!
pipex used 2 b a gd company, same with f2s and eclipes!

if pipex offers 2 buy plusnet! you know what to say!
''**** off''
N/A

I’ve been looking at other uncapped ISP’s like Pipex and Bulldog and people don’t seem to like them saying poor speeds with connection loss

My mate has gone to Bull Dog Broadband. He took the up to 8Mb package and actually gets 4 Mb. Smiley
His upload is half a MB. Smiley
He is pleased except they do not offer news groups. :?

I am now looking at Zen - 8000 active package.
Looks good. It looks like what plusnet used tio offer and then some more. Cheesy
They do have a 30GB limit but if you want to go over then it is only £1 per GB. What is more they give you news groups. :lol:
N/A

Yep, I've beem with PlusNet for a while, been quite happy.
When I could get Broadband I went for BB+. Then PlusNet intoduced new T&C's so I went to Premier 2M. Now new T&C's and it seems very difficult to get a clear answer via tickets just what I will get, I am having to spell it out and take one question at a time. They just seem to be evasive.
I just do not seem to be able to get a stable product that I know will serve me for a reasonable length of time.
10G at peak time does seem to be a considerable reduction in G's per buck, but as yet I have not been able to get a clear answer.
N/A

hey do have a 30GB limit but if you want to go over then it is only £1 per GB. What is more they give you news groups. icon_lol.gif

Problem is if i take that with my last months useage, i would be looking at an addition to my monthly bill of about £60.00

I think i'll stick as i am thanks Tongue
N/A

uncapped ISP’s like Pipex ....

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure Pipex have a fair use policy and restrict heavy users at peak times. There are a few threads about this in ADSLguide if you hunt around in the Pipex forum.

Yes, but considerign they are the same price i would rather be capped at peak time rather than capped every hour of the day.
N/A

hey do have a 30GB limit but if you want to go over then it is only £1 per GB. What is more they give you news groups. icon_lol.gif

Problem is if i take that with my last months useage, i would be looking at an addition to my monthly bill of about £60.00

I think i'll stick as i am thanks Tongue

It all depends on your needs, I only use about 3 gigs per month but that will rise to about 15 in a few months so for me zen is a good deal. Cheesy The speed I now have is grate, and no problems at all with games and other stuff, you pay for what you get in the end. we have a choice and can move about,
when the small isp's get eaten up by the big boys that may change Cry