cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on THESE forums

N/A

Feedback on THESE forums

Just got this goodie: :lol:

"After your recent personal post aimed at a member of the forums the forum moderators have reviewed a number of your posts and feel that your overall attitude in the forums does not fit in with the community atmosphere that the forums is designed for.

It is understood that you and a number of other users are unhappy with the service they are getting from PlusNet, but you must remember that these forums are not the place for personal attacks, derailling of threads and angry posts.

We are herby issuing you with a warning of your forum conduct. Either improve the attitude of your posts or a vacation from the forums will be imposed on you.

Chris"

So lets have some comment before I am asked to leave.

1) My “attitude”. Well, I’m rather irritated that PN backdated SUP limits. I have no beef at all with SUP but I am VERY irritated that it was backdated. My analogy is with the speedlimit on a public road. You don’t get a ticket and you don’t even get a friendly warning for exceeding a speed limit on a road when the limit was not in place at the time of the “offence.” This laughable business practice of PN has obviously coloured a large number of my posts and I am left with the idea that PN do not want me and a large number of “enthusiast” users. I joined 2 ½ years ago for a service that was at the time unrestricted. All I have seen since then is that restrictions are added and I am steadily encouraged to go elsewhere. Again, I do NOT object to SUP, just backdated emails telling me I am a bad boy.

2) Unhappy with service. Nope, you and the mods clearly have not understood so I am not making myself clear. So I have to shout it.. NO PROBLEM WITH S.U.P, JUST WITH BACKDATING A SPEED LIMIT. Got it now? :x

3) Personal attacks? The only vaguely personal attack was a hint to Bbrown that his CS skills were a little “Stormtrooper”-like and a comment to another PN rep that he might not have realised his post was quite offensive. He understood and didn’t get out of his tree but the mods have.

4) Derailing of threads? Sorry, no. Angry posts? Yeah plenty of them. I guess now I am not allowed to be angry at the PN backdating of limits. OK, what emotions WILL the mods allow me to feel? Are smileys allowed?

5) A Vacation? Well, clearly I have to toe the line and not complain if I want to stay here.

I’ve posted this so others who might be unhappy will realise that “free speech” is whatever PN and their approved Mods deem it to be.

Oh and thank you also Mr HeadMod for removing my sig for being over the “universally accepted 4 line limit for such forums”. If that isnt another example of backdating limits etc then I don’t know what is. If you’d said “its too long, sort it” I would have. Now I have lost it and have to start again. Very petty!!

PN User, more angry than he was before. :x :x :x
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Feedback on THESE forums

Well you might have only just read it but it was sent on 25 Oct 2005 17:31 pm.

Funny I also don't remember giving permission for a private communication to be posted in a public forum.

The fact that you do this only re-enforces the message in the PM.

Chris
Community Veteran

Feedback on THESE forums

The fact that you do this only re-enforces the message in the PM.

My thoughts exactly, shooting and feet spring to mind...
N/A

Feedback on THESE forums

My apologies. I was reading the Warning again by mistake after I got the message from you telling me why you';d chosen to delete my sig.

Still, I feel the same way about your warning. I've just had more time to think on it before posting it.

Oh and the old saying "Publish and be damned" seems very appropriate. As the recipient of the warning surely the only one to get any embarrassment factor has to be me so I can choose to accept that as I make my comments.

Is a sig needed for all PMs then saying "This PM is not for publication" ?
N/A

Feedback on THESE forums

I want to step up here and defend this guy.

This forum is just as bad as our own country atm a "Nanny State"!

I always think it is a bad idea having customers admin such discussion forum and especially those so blinded by the authority they have been given, they can no-longer be objective.

lso i dont think those who run plusnetters should be mods here either! A right little brown nose club we are having isn't it
N/A

Feedback on THESE forums

Thanks Frammy. I decided to have a trip over to Plusnetters and a quick browse left me with an opinion of "what is the point of this place".
N/A

Feedback on THESE forums

there is only liam that runs plusnetters who is a mod on here, and he created plusnetters, so personally i don't see a problem, if you keep to the forum rules the mods leave you alone.

"This guy" who you are defending broke the rules, admittedly only mildly, but then he was only given a warning, not a ban.

quite a few of us have had warnings Wink
N/A

Feedback on THESE forums

Ah but do we have to take a warning lying down or do we defend ourselves against allegations and such like?
Community Veteran

Feedback on THESE forums

I always think it is a bad idea having customers admin such discussion forum and especially those so blinded by the authority they have been given, they can no-longer be objective.

Some very genralised statements here. Do you actually read the forums? Have you read all of my posts or those of the other mods? I assume not otherwise you wouldn't be able to make statements like this.

lso i dont think those who run plusnetters should be mods here either! A right little brown nose club we are having isn't it

PlusNetters is Liam's own website, if you don't like him running his own site, don't go there.