Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback - Referral programme additions and improvements

Ben_Brown
Grafter

Hi there,

As most of you will be aware, we currently operate a referral system called 'My Referrals' to reward our customers for recommending PlusNet to friends, family and work colleagues.

Your recommendations are one of the reasons that we've grown over the years so our reward programme is our way to say 'thank you'.

We are currently looking into ways that we can improve this system even further, and would really appreciate your feedback.

We'd like to know what you like about the current system and what you don't like, as well as suggestions for any extra items you would like to see added.

Dave and I will be monitoring this thread and will collect your feedback and pass it on to the people who will be constructing the new system.

Thanks in advance for your input!
18 REPLIES
N/A

Erm - I am assuming that you have already picked up the feedback from this thread - raised as idea 3478?
Certainly I would like to see *actual* discount amount, rather than potential discount.
Ie, have a subtotal for active accounts, and a subtotal for inactive - with an option to hide those inactive referrals.
I would also like to be able to add a tag of some sort, so that as I refer each account, I can keep a track of them. (and warn them that there might be better packages than their current one Wink )
Where banner referrals occur, it would be helpful to know the 'refferring' url - so I can get an idea which one perform, and which don't.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) URL link corrected
N/A

Appologies if some of these are duplicates.

First off, the biggy would to be able to see the persons username, where the person agrees, or "Anonymous" if not.
If this isn't possible, as above, some form of note field, so that we can add our own.

I would like to see more detail on each referal, including date it started, last credit date, next credit date (in theory, the next date). I would also like to see a list of changes to the referal, so I can see the date it changed and the amount it was at that time (ideal to know if/when referal amounts have been adjusted, so know what they where).

I would like to know about expired and non credited referals. SO if one month a referal doesn't provide a credit, I want to know it hasn't, not just a lower credit amount. If the credit was no longer going to be payed (cancel or move to Dial PAYG), I want to know it's dead.

I would like to see new banner types more often. I would also like to see a Flash banner, something more dynamic like the product picker you have.
mssystems
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I would like to be able to move my referral discounts to a different plus.net user account.

I really want a way to match referrals to users where they agree to it happening.
Walrus
Grafter

Banners in 'skyscaper' format may be useful for some. I can't think of any 'system' changes right now, will come back if/when I do.
craigbrass
Grafter

A credit hold would be nice. So that we can hold all discounts and then release them later on so we can get a free month later on rather than a little off every month.
N/A

The points raised by Phillip and James would be the main issues I would have.

The current total referral value at the bottom of the list tends to bear little resemblence to the actual amount applied. The option to seperate or remove inactive accounts would be beneficial.

I would also agree that the ability to identify accounts, with user permission, would be superb, not just for us but for the encouragement of product upgrades and higher spend for the eu as well as facilitating the movement towards better value products.
N/A

Hi there,

The main problem I have with the referral process is that it didn't give my colleague a chance to enter me as a referrer.

On the Referrals section it states you can make a banner, email or 'voice' referral and receive credit appropriately. I had emailed my colleague with a referral, however, when he signed up he was not on a PC with his emails available.

Thinking that he would be able to enter my details during the sign-up process he visited the plusnet site and clicked the links to sign up for broadband plus. Upon reaching the end of the process he realised that there was no option to enter a referral value.

On raising this with support I was informed to ask him to raise a ticket and the referral would be credited. He raised a ticket, only to be told that the referral could not be changed and 'he must have clicked a banner link from somewhere else'. The only site he visited was the plus net site, url typed straight into IE and followed the links on the site - how else can you sign up??

Anyway, still not got to the bottom of it yet, after many emails to support. I know it is 'only' 50p per month, however, there is a principle and it is still a discount!
Community Veteran

I've personally signed up probably somewhere in the region of 100 accounts and the refferal section has always apeared. I think in your case he probably forgot or just didnt notice the section on the signup page.

Chris
LiamM
Grafter

I'm not sure if it appears if you click a referral link with the referral information embedded. Perhaps somebody else knows?
N/A

IIRC, it doesn't present the normal referal page to enter the details.

It does however present you with a summary page for the whole set of account details, where a link is provided to got and change the referal.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

If you click a banner ad or the link in a referral email then you don't get presented with the set a referral page. It's only there if there isn't a referral cookie from a banner/email.
ScoUK
Grafter

HI all,

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously, but just adding my thoughts.

Better order of referrals list, allow to sort in chronological order, so that we can easily see when to expect the next referral discount to be applied. At the moment the list is sorted by product and it's not easy to see at a wuick glance which referrals have been applied that month and which haven't. Also sorting out the true referral totals would help this.

I echo the thoughts regarding some sort of identifier for each referral. I like the sound of the idea to allow the referee to decide whether or not to have their user name made available to the referrer.

Finally, what about being able to specify different landing pages. So that you can refer someone via email link, or whatever, directly to say a specific broadband product or dial-up products instead of just the generic landing page..

That's about all I can think of for now..
Good to see PlusNET are looking into improving this service!
craigbrass
Grafter

Ok, what about say if I told a friend about a PlusNet and they just signed up without entering my username or clicking a banner of mine. How about a link on the forum for these users allowing them to enter a username and then that username gets the credit from then on.
N/A

Better order of referrals list, allow to sort in chronological order, so that we can easily see when to expect the next referral discount to be applied.
Finally, what about being able to specify different landing pages.

Having an option to sort entries to date order (*) as an option would be useful (so long as one could get them back to 'by product' order too) (*) so long as it is properly ordered by (year,) month and day, not day then month!

I'm happy with sorting by product and would like an option to tick a number of entries, (without knowing the usernames), to be able to send a brief message to them (so I could send a message to users on some particular speed, for example).

I'd like a way to zap entries where "Referred on" doesn't have a date, just N/A

I'd like to second the request be able to specify the 'landing page' so a link could go direct to a business ADSL product page, for example.