cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up of Plusnet?

N/A

Fed up of Plusnet?

I wondered if anyone had as many issues with this ISP as me. I used to have 2MB ADSL with BT and never once had an issue, even with customer services!!!

Came to Plusnet and for some reason have less than a meg connection for over a year. Had a 6 month period where I couldnt stay online for more than a few minutes at a time. I asked for more than 10 fault tests, all came back negative and refusal to send out a BT engineer. I even rang BT to get an engineer out but they have to be referred by the ISP. I am an IT engineer myself and knew the issue was outside of my house. It turned out that a tree down the road had rubbed through the telephone line insulation (6 months after the first signs). I was refused any money back from Plusnet whatsoever.

The last straw has been the wait for an upgrade to the speed. As i said earlier, I had 2MB on the same line 2 years ago and have been waiting now for more than 2 months for an upgrade (I was told 10 days!).

Rant over just about Smiley
4 REPLIES
N/A

Fed up of Plusnet?

Have you opted in recently for the MaxDSL service?

Previous opt-ins and opt-outs seem to have been disregarded now, and all users who wish to have Max activated on their lines, need to request just that via http://max.plus.net

Following the opt-in process will result in your line being upgraded within 10 days.

I'm moving this thread into Community Support - who knows, perhaps one the the Cheery Comm's Team will start the process for you.
Mand
Grafter

Fed up of Plusnet?

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have been having.

In terms of faults it often can be difficult to get the process completed, despite the best efforts of you and our faults agents. I'm afraid we cannot offer refunds in cases like this as we are unable to claim this back from BT.

You were upgraded to our Max product a little while ago, and I have just made some changes to your account to reflect the most recent data from BT. They advise you should be able to get around 4MB, and all you need to do is reboot your hardware. Smiley
N/A

Fed up of Plusnet?

Wow if that is the case then maybe I should have posted the fault on the forum too.

Will check tonight and many thanks for the prompt reply
Mand
Grafter

Fed up of Plusnet?

Hi there,

Please do a reboot tonight, and then reconnect. Let me know if you have any further problems and I'll take a look. Smiley