cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Up With Ignored Tickets

N/A

I am really getting annoyed with the useless service I am receiving from Plusnet when I raise a ticket.

Ticket - 19443425

I raised this ticket 11 days ago - I am one of the ignored people that gets line drops following on from MaxDSL. 2 days after I raised the ticket I got a cut n paste generic response from them with basic idiot guide testing.

I have since posted on the ticket some detailed info on where I think the problem lies after much testing and analysis of router stats. It points to the 6db noise margin being too small on a long line etc. They don't seem to understand the concept of increasing target snr though.

As expected, because the issue is more technical than "swap out a micro filter" they have just dumped the ticket in the ignore queue and left it there to rot.

I think it's unaccetable that they cannot even be bothered to communicate an acknowledgement of these issues with MaxDSL. If only they would say "we know BT have a problem with line drops, it's being worked on". No, they would rather keep spouting crap about changing filters etc.

Please read my call updates and put a real answer on the call, not just another generic cut and paste.

Anyone know if there are any decent ISP's out there that have a quality CS - not the worthless junk I am getting from Plusnet?
23 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I have raised this internally. Our faults team will be looking at your issue shortly and raising the fault to BT.

The initial checks are required before we can raise a fault to BT, however I appreciate that your initial information was very thorough and advised that most of these checks had been completed. A more personalised response would certainly have been better in this case and this has been flagged.
N/A

Ha!! I am not the only one getting pathetic responses to a ticket then - so far I have now been asked 4 times to go over the basic checks - I even did them twice just to pacify CS, knowing full well that is not where the problem lies - my last reply has not even been answered for 36 hours - absolutly shocking service. Evil Evil Evil
tumnus
Grafter

Hi Mand,

Have you seen the many other threads about MaxDSL connections dropping frequently, particularly in the evening due to fluctuating SNRs from normal interference?

It seems to me that there are many people with this problem where their line isn't good enough to get a solid 8mb connection and so it appears to be systematic and not individual faults.

See here:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43039
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43564
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43637
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43390
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43283
etc.

We have had no response from PlusNet on this issue and it seriously affects real-time applications such as VoIP and gaming, to the extent that gaming in particular is useless in the evenings.
N/A

Im fed up too waitied 9 days for a 72 hr response (ID: 19437129 )
N/A

Well, clearly PN aren't reading these forums.....I have seen loads of topics on dropped lines, noise margin and MaxDSL.

How hard would it be for PN to acknowledge these issues?
N/A

Maxdsl issues have been acknowledged by pn, unfortunately as it's usually a bt issue all they can do is acknowledge them.
JonathanW
Grafter

As Rich says, we're aware of the various issues around MAx and we have acknowledged them. However, when it comes to the particular characteristics of your line it is down to BT to resolve things, all we can do is carry out some initial diagnostics and then if appropriate raise a fault through to BT for further investigation and resolution.
N/A

and how long should this take as i have been waiting since last tuesday for a 72 hr update im currently paying 29.99 a month( to plus net) for a 500 kbps speed :?
superloon
Grafter

i thought my max was bad gettin only 5mbps when friends of mine on aol further away from the exchange and with worse line stats than me gettin higher speeds but aleast im only payin 21.99 i would hate to be payin 29.99 a month and only gettin 500kbps and to be ignored by plusnet Cry Evil :x :twisted:
tumnus
Grafter

I'm not talking about any speed issues where the BRAs profile is stuck nor the problem where the modem won't sync at all or is stuck in a loop resyncing. As far as I know, those are the only publicly mentioned issues by BT and the reasons why they stopped the bulk upgrade.

I'm talking about frequent disconnections in the evening because the 6db margin is too fine for some people and normal interference causes the SNR to drop by more than 6 db in one evening. Upon resyncing during the evening it also does not appear to sync low enough to make the SNR at least 6db again. Rather it seems to only provide another 1 or 2db which can easily be lost in the rest of the evening. This happens several times over the course of an evening.

We're not the only ones either:
linky
N/A

What cpinkey says is true - the 5db margin is not enough for many lines.
N/A

Well surprise, surprise....

Once again I have had a generic response and woosh test saying no fault found. It looks like the ticket hasn't been read properly again. I specifically asked if the target noise margin can be increased.

What I have received once again is a generic response saying.....we can't find a fault, want it passing to BT, might cost £46+ ?

A simple question - Can Plusnet increase target noise margin and add interleaving. Yes or No? Either you can or you can't, which is it?
Lampo
Grafter

Hi

I have raised this internally. Our faults team will be looking at your issue shortly and raising the fault to BT.

The initial checks are required before we can raise a fault to BT, however I appreciate that your initial information was very thorough and advised that most of these checks had been completed. A more personalised response would certainly have been better in this case and this has been flagged.

Hi,

Can u have a look my tickets? all i want is an answer. All i seem to get is more and more frustrated as the saga goes on. If one person was to deal with the issue then we might get somewhere.

All i want is broadband at my new address. I started to process ages ago -- and it just goes on and on.

HELP!!! :?
Community Veteran

Me too, just getting generic responses to ticket 19493427.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed